or Connect

Posts by Cantabrigian

Don't know if you mentioned it before. Who made the suit?Reminds me of Solito but I'm guessing that isn't it.
Not sure I'd go that far.There are things that are, at first blush, look striking or otherwise appealing but as you consider them a bit more / compare them to other things out there, lose a lot of their luster. I'm thinking specifically of everything I've seen from Phineas Cole.And, while fewer, there are certainly things I've come to appreciate and then really like as I've understood them better. I'd put drape in this category.
[[SPOILER]]
If you just described it to me - gunclub, striped shirt, macclesfield tie, patterned square - I'd assume you'd get dizzy looking at it. But I think it works.I assume the reason is how perfectly the colors are coordinated. And that's certainly something I could not have done.
I can kinda see what you mean about the brightness but was my point was that you're working with a different color pallette. Aside from the blue, the other colors are tweedier or - if that's too circular - darker, dustier, more subdued.If someone liked that tie (I don't but who cares), it would work much better with a navy blazer.
I disagree. I think a white square would be a cop out.You can see what Matt is trying to do there and I think it's what he successfully did here. [[SPOILER]] My problem is mainly with the colors. A tie in all bright primary colors doesn't go with a earth tone-y (faux - I'm guessing) tweed. The square tries to reference the light blue vertical stripe but is too bright. And in the small version of the photo the square look like polka dot which I don't like but that...
[[SPOILER]]
Oddly enough (since I appreciate your taste), I don't think there's a single thing I like about that foofit.
Not going to be able to get involved but could you take pictures of every swatchbooks? Kthxbai
Really great stuff all around, ctp.I thought these two comparisons were interesting: