or Connect

Posts by Girardian

Quote: Originally Posted by Baron Your avatar has mad camel toe. Get your mind out of the gutter and back on shoes, young man!
I purchased this shoe in a 10.5D and found them to be too large ... so I sold them here on SF (no longer available for exchange in the size I want -- 10D). I love this shoe and am ISO of it in a size 10D. Anyone here find it too 'chunky' and want to sell/trade for a good price? Gently worn is OK.
I purchased a pair of Cordovan Darlton Polo Wingtips in 10.5D this year. They run a bit large for me (I should have gone with the 10) and I didn't figure this out until after the exchange period passed. Would also trade for a gently worn / new pair of the same shoe in 10D. These are offered at the same (sale) price at which I purchased them: $417 (+S/H and tax). They normally run $600. I have my receipt and the box can include it with the shoes. They are new and...
Count me among the naysayers here ... darker brown perhaps, those look a bit light to me. If you're going to contrast, then you may consider a bolder contrast, like light tan shoes and incorporate a tan belt and jacket into the outfit. Not sure if that would work either, but it strikes me as more intentional.
I too mind my Chan a bit stiff, and was looking to emulate Kiton. However, I chose a midweight fabric and am hoping that, over time, it will 'break in.' Will this ever happen?
I very nearly ordered these, but instead went for the Holland boot - a bit more character but a bit harder to match.
Gents, in the FWIW category, I did not (and could not -- they were not available) repurchase these shoes with the current additional 15% discount. To my knowledge this size has not been available with any additional discount above the current sale price since last year.
I purchased a pair of Cordovan Darlton Polo Wingtips in 10.5D this year. They run a bit large for me (I should have gone with the 10) and I didn't figure this out until after the exchange period passed. These are currently on sale for the same price at which I purchased them: $417 (+S/H and tax). They normally run $600. I have my receipt and the box can include it with the shoes. They are new and 'unworn' (except to try on -- they have very slight sole markings...
Here here! I too give Ed the official Style Forum thumbs up!
Quote: Originally Posted by thinman I couldn't see me wearing it, but I could picture *someone* wearing it. I could see me wearing it ... and then getting the &$%^#$ beaten out of me, and left face down (and jacketless) in the gutter. I'll take the $5K toward a watch please. It is unique -- ostritch is expensive. A jacket? Who would have guessed?