or Connect

Posts by Girardian

Great deal on a classic suit that will never go out of style and that is currently comming back in to high style.
Great looking cap toes. Great find and thanks for sharing them with SF.
Quote: Originally Posted by johnnynorman That is a RIDICULOUS selling price. A used Polo selling for $300? I mean, it was a really cool suit, but . . . . Maybe its uniqueness upped the bidding. I disagree -- the suit was listed in "as new" condition. It's an ivory piece, and looking at the photos, especially where the pant and jacket cuffs are shown, it does indeed appear altered but unworn. I've seen used Oxxfords in rather tired...
Those wholecuts look like they were sculpted from a block of wood fit for the dash of a lux ride.
Quote: Originally Posted by aportnoy The Lorenzini RLPL shirts are killer and there has been an avalanche of them lately. I've been getting them NWT for as little as $39.99. EBay Nice catch. Too little time to surf eBay these days -- saving money never hurt so much!
Nice ....
Quote: Originally Posted by whoopee Unless you're wedded to the idea, flaps on trouser pockets are a bad idea. I am not -- and don't intend to have them. I was simply trying to clarify the comment above.
Quote: Originally Posted by Film_Noir_Buff If you truly want something that is confident and assertive then I suggest you exercise some of both yourself and not have other people design your suit for you. As with any other type of learning, trial and error on your own will put you in faster touch with your sartorial chi. I value this site for it's collective knowledge, input and insight. That's why I'm seeking feedback. The decisions are my...
Last chance for feedback -- thanks for the comments to date. Please feel free to express opinions (especially on the "undecided" options above), I will take or leave them, but would like them. Undecided items include: - Sleeve taper/circumference (suggestions? I'd like to be able to wear FC shirts with this suit) - Outside extra pocket (I'm inclined toward a ticket pocket but fear these may go out of style -- I love them but see them a bit too often these days....
Quote: Originally Posted by Charley The jacket pockets can be finished as besom so that the flaps can be worn out or tucked into the pocket. And the same finish can be done on the rear trouser pockets. This would assume flap pockets on the rear of the trousers that could be worn tucked in? I hadn't thought of flaps ont he rear trouser pockets. Quote: Originally Posted by Charley Put some thought into where you want that...