or Connect

Posts by Girardian

I'm leaving in a few days for HK and have scheduled an appointment with WW Chan for my first bespoke suit. Here are the specs I've put together -- any comments or feedback are appreciated. Overall what I'm looking for is something that's confident and assertive, while still showing tasteful restraint. I want the suit to excude confidence and assurance, but remain in style long term. Jacket- Lapel width - undecided - Gorge height - undecided, but slightly...
Quote: Originally Posted by faustian bargain i don't know what life is like for people like that. they're on a different planet. Same planet ... different world. I love the Concours -- I got most every year.
Quote: Originally Posted by seok what's the diff w/2 the two items? interesting that it's got a $30 diff. The less expensive pair has a "dent" in the toe (per the description) of the right boot.
A little poem for those (like me) with shoe envy ... I wish I may I wish I might that Aportnoy's feet would grow tonight -- Just two sizes is all I ask ... and with this feet would grow the lasts on all his shoes, so when he wakes they'd be my size and I could take him up when he occasionally sells a magnificent pair o' cordovan shells, or perhaps Lobbs ... or Mantellassis -- I wouldn't be too picky or bossy I just insist on one small thing That his feet...
I'm ISO a *really* good tailor in the San Francisco Bay Area. You know, someone who you can take a Kiton jacket to and feel at ease? Someone who knows how to do functional buttons on a sleeve well. Etc. Any recommendations?
Any collective comments on the style notations thus far?
How do A-Man's prices compare with Chan's? If the price was right I'd do a vest at Jantzen, but I'm saving my suiting for that "other" league.
Who else has that Barba collar roll ... I love that look. Can I get this same roll in a Jantzen?
Quote: Originally Posted by whoopee May I ask who made those trousers? Flusser? Which reminds me, also consider if you would like the trousers lined. Spano. Yes, I'd like them lined, but not sure how far down.
Here are some inspirational pictures ... this isn't in line with what I'm thinking of for this suit, but it's some very nice custom work on trousers.