or Connect

Posts by Girardian

Quote: Originally Posted by Morris RLPL Mackay / EG captoes (dark oak) came today. Sublime. My order is ... still "Submitted and Processing."
Quote: Originally Posted by jml90 I don't know why D2K is getting so much slack for this. I believe you mean "flack."
Back in January I ordered EGs from Asprey in NYC on sale. They could not provide me with an exact description, but referenced shoes that were online as a "near identical" pair. I asked for the differences to be described to me in detail. They sounded satisfactory and so I placed the order. The pair that arrived were materially different from the ones on the web site, and from the description, and did not work out for me. I promptly returned them with a letter dated...
Again this reverts to the question of what D2K is out to do -- if his goal is to refine his style to something that is seen by all to be classic and to emanate taste, he may need to defer (to some degree) to age and circumstance appropriate behavior. If, on the other hand, he's out to refine his own unique style, he can do so knowing that it may sometimes go against the grain of age or circumstance. The advice above about the potential negative reaction some may...
Quote: Originally Posted by dah328 bespoke cowboy boots and a good way of getting the shoe to mold to one's foot. I have bespoke cowboy boots (water buffalo) and can attest to their supreme comfort in a shoe that usually isn't that pleasant to wear for long periods.
Quote: Originally Posted by A Harris Oh, and would somebody PLEASE buy these? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7746009252 Stunning shoes, super rare, and 65% off retail. Believe it or not, I've had them up for sale for over 6 months.... I own this shoe in shell cordovan. I wear it frequently and love it. The Santoni FAMs are a personal favorite of mine, though the shape and style of this shoe is a bit against the current...
The Alden website recounts their recommendations for Cordovan care here. As others have noted: wax polish, don't use much. They added the following note -- don't polish the shoes when wet and avoid neutral polish. This would tend to discourage allowing a "brushman" at the airport to do shine your Cordovans.
Quote: Originally Posted by Baby Chickpea Use a thick cloth to buffer the heat. If you must, this is essential.
There is a middle road -- even in college. You can wear trousers (even suit trousers) and a dress shirt, san tie, and look very sharp, but not terribly or inappropriately over-dressed. In college and graduate school I sometimes dressed "beyond the occasion" when I went out. My wry response (unless it would be deemed insulting to the questioner) when someone asked me "why?": "Just because the rest of the world has forgotten how to dress does not mean that I have." ...
I had several Jantzen shirts made when I was in HK. Mostly they are more substantial fabrics, but two, in particular, are lightweight. I don't believe the fabrics are marked on the shirts, and as such I'm not sure I can give you exact numbers. If I can ID them, I will. I believe at least one was an End-on-End 120s two ply, still quite light, Italian fabric. I'd check those out.