or Connect

Posts by Girardian

... alas, this is not the thread to read right now. I'm drinking nothing in preparation for heading to the gym in an hour. Last night I had some surprisingly good wine at a launch party for the next generation of robots. Fold towels they do, and mix drinks they might. Vicarious tippling for me right now only.
I'm drinking one of my last bottles of Dogfish Head Brewery "Punk" ale from this past year -- perfect rainy CA afternoon brew. That 2010 Jubel is great beer -- I picked up several bottles and have laid down all but one for aging.
Home roasted micro-lot Grade-A Kona coffee from a stellar farm on Purple Mountain (Kona's answer to Jamaica's Blue Mountain). It's a beautiful cup but *very* mood specific -- it's so nuanced and delicate that a measure of attentiveness is required for full appreciation. This is a super-low acid coffee, and has lovely notes of wine, wet earth, unsweetened cocoa, and a hint of stone fruit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Huntsman May I ask why you shoot so fast? I do, too -- usually for subject isolation, portraiture or lowlight work, so I am always looking for fast glass. My favorite and most-used lens is a 58mm f1.2 Noct-Nikkor which is just incredible. I probably will get the 50/1.8, too -- it's just so cheap, and AF is really nice -- most of my lenses are MF. ~H Great older lens. I have a soft spot for older solid, heavy,...
More discussion of architecture please -- many of these garages are notable for more than merely the cars (and these are not "mere" cars) that are in them -- the look like actual rooms. I'm perpetually mystified by why people building their own homes don't do more with their garages to integrate them into the look and feel of the main house. Even if every house "needs" a place for tools and boxes and "stuff" why make "that place" the garage? The garage, in my opinion,...
Space gray metallic; coral red/ black Dakota leather; dark glacier aluminum (or dark burl).
Quote: Originally Posted by PartagasIV Got in some celebration sticks today...a fiver of Cohiba DC 03 EL's and a pair of Millennium Reserva Cohiba Piramides from the jar. I presume these were purchased from an individual, rather than a vendor? What's the celebration?
Home roasted espresso-based organic milk mocha with shaved Valrhona dark chocolate.
Weekend cigars were: - A Hoyo DC from '05 -- acceptable but not intriguing. - A Monte Especial No. 1 from '98 -- excellent. - A '96 Le Hoyo Du Roy -- fantastic.
Poker tonight. I expect a solid three-cigar line up. Will post later what I end up smoking but tentative include: - 1 custom rolled cigar - A Cohiba Lancero, '01 - A Monte Especial No. 1, '00 So many cigars ... so little time.