or Connect

Posts by Girardian

Smoked a special cigar this morning ... for no special reason. A Ramon Allones Corona. Long since out of production. Amazing cigar!
The battle royale! Gents, put on your twice a year ties, your triple pleat slacks, and brush down that walrus mustache! We're taking the *ladies* out on the town. Now, we all know that nookie is normally pretty much gua-ran-teed with a stop through the drive by DQ for a soft serve, so you can pretty much imagine what's going to happen when you surprise her with the Red Lobsta! But don't stop there. You know her cute little cousin -- the one you're pretty sure...
Quote: Originally Posted by dpatsil Incredible!!! How was the Monsdale? I have never smoked one and always heard good things. Man, I got to get down there and see him before he retires. I've skipped him the past couple trips which I really regret. BTW, the "store" has Cab 50's of Mag 46's from '05. Is that a typo? I only do this twice a year ... so it's an all out assault. I really enjoy monsdales -- they are some of the best...
Had a banner smoking weekend with the guys camping at the Bohemian Grove. Lots of great food, epic wines, amazing spirits -- you get the picture. Cigars I enjoyed included: - '98 Upmann Sir Winston - '08 Cohiba Esplendido - Fuente "Fuente Family" (special production, under 200 boxes made) - Partagas Corona - Punch Churchill - '02 Ramon Allones Corona - '00 Monte 2 - Trinidad Robusto Extra - Hoyo Epi No. 2 (from a cabinet) - '03 Cohiba Robusto - custom rolled...
Quote: Originally Posted by fcuknu Its illegal in LA to smoke in public parks. "What are you going to do ... arrest me for smoking?" -- Sharron Stone
Spend some time in a good Belgain beer bar with some new age American microbrews on tap and the opinion that beer is just "not that interesting" will quickly be dispelled. Cask finishing (barrel aging), beer brewing that's moving in all kinds of interesting (though not all good tasting, IMO) directions, and the like means there's a real place for opinions on the aging, service (temp, glassware), and pairings for beer. If this sounds tempting, be prepared to: (i)...
I recently had an '08 Siglo IV and it was stunning. Another vote of confidence for tobacco quality and construction. Note that this was from the El Laguito factory, which gets the best tobacco and is one of the few "isolated" factories with the highest construction standards and best QC. In other words, this was a "benchmark" cigar in terms of construction and tobacco, and was excellent.
Good small cigars include the San Cristobal El Principies, Partagas Shorts, Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas (these need time), Trinidad Reyes (these also need time in the humidor to settle), the Cohiba cigarillo sized cigars (one size up from the minis), and Bolivar PCs. My favorite and preferred small cigar is the Cohiba Siglo I. Sadly, not enough smaller cigars are being made today -- too many have been phased out for larger cigars. This is a shame, because the...
Still looking for a dark gray, navy, or other mid-darker tone Cucinelli jacket (outerwear), preferably the car coat. Must be wool. (No interest in the safari jacket or the cotton outerwear.) Size 52 / US 42, or possibly 51-50 (41-40). Still looking for a well made super thick cashmere sweater ... you know, the ones that really tip the scales. Traditional but mid-darker colors -- dark oatmeal, gray, navy, etc.