or Connect

Posts by Girardian

Ed, you are the man. These look great. I'm looking forward to additional sizes and expect to opt into a pair in mid-weight to heavier weight fabric.
Iron schmiron ... I got a commercial steamer and have never looked back.
There's an option I prefer to "going over the wine list" when with friends ... that's participating in wine dinners. We recently hosted two at the Bohemian Grove. Some excellent wines are poured, from respective collections of the participants, paired with cooking that we do and planned around the meals. (I won't proclaim the dining to be 'Manton cooking,' but the participants are all accomplished home cooks in one respect or another, the meals play off of the...
I "stream" HD via VUDU. My (Silicon Valley) bandwidth supports it. When I want to watch HDX, VUDU's 24 Frames per Second HD service, I have to download the move and wait. I'm a legacy VUDU box owner -- I'm not sure how the HDX service will work for the built in VUDU that now comes on many televisions. I am very impressed with the HDX service they offer -- which says a lot given that I have an Oppo BDB-83 with the Anchor Bay chip. The standard HD streaming...
Wine and spirits mostly -- an "on hold" allocation from the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection, including George T. Stagg, William L. Weller, and Thomas Handy, some '07 cabs, and some '07 vintage port. At least with the bourbon and rye I don't have to wait 8 - 20 years to enjoy my purchase
You may want to consider working with an architect nonetheless. This is a big project and the advice and counsel you can receive from a good architect could pay for itself and provide some interesting ideas even if you don't hire him or her to re-design the plans.
The new MBP line / the refresh was released today. Apple aficionados, what say ye? (While any posts are welcome, "Mac's suck" comments are not particularly helpful, like price comparisons to non-Mac options -- those opinions and options are common knowledge.) I found the update to be painfully predictable, and lacking the uptick in technology Apple has been known for in the past when it does it's first release. For example, no Blu Ray, no low energy display...
K&L also has a respectable old and rare collection, including some wines that come direct from the chateau / producer.
Great review -- for those too stupefied by the prequils to sit down and figure out why they were so painful and terrible in comparison, this is a great summary of the basics of effective story telling. Although I'm only part way through the critique of Episode I, this commentary on "how not" to do a movie appears to be a good tool to teach people "how to" check for the "fundamentals" that should be in most scripts and story lines. Worth watching.
Other an no big cabs and no Sauternes are there any other guidelines? Would a champagne be out of place? A magnum may be appropriate and IMO, there are a lot of very interesting options here, from respectable vintages. Or a vintage port? Typically, '63s and '77s and other years are readily available. This may help narrow the field and identify some other interesting candidates.