or Connect

Posts by Girardian

Alas, he has retired. Another tailor at the shop is Marco (?). I called and got the news this morning.
Beautiful work.My only comment is a word to the wise: you will soon discover, as I did after building a wine room, that much bigger than you think you need is always better.
This past weekend I pulled a "mystery cigar" out of storage. No idea what it was, but I had in a tray of "save for ____" cigars. I could speculate, but just suffice it to say I should have hand banded this cigar. Flavors were spot on -- no tannins, clean, focused, mild but floral, blossoming, old tobacco notes I've posted about before, thick blue-gray smoke, delicate ash. Sadly, the cigar was a touch too delicate and the foot unraveled, really dampening the experience...
I am looking to have an Attolini jacket shortened overall, sleeves taken up from the shoulder, and some other alterations. I also need an honest assessment of whether the alterations I am seeking are worth doing of if I'm starting too far off the mark. I have used Bob Stankovic for many items with success but am reluctant to use him for jacket shortening. I am considering Carlos (Oxford) and Ricardo (Sunnyvale). Does anyone here with experience using one or both have...
Damn. How did I miss this?
1996 CCE - 20 years to evolve into a near perfect smoke. Only the finish - with a bit of build up - was not ideal; the rest was iconic aged Cohiba.
I've been fixated lately on the timeless English Country Boot. I'd love to get feedback and thoughts – not just on my short list, but also start a thread for photos of outfits featuring boots of this style. [*] Post your nominations for epic English-style country boots [*] Post photos of your favorite boots - preferably in action [*] Post additional suggestions for the poll thread Current contenders (but I'd love to learn and see more here) include: Crockett and...
I am looking fo the Gianni boot -- and would consider a group MTO.
Top quality cashmere for your consideration. NWOT $468 Brooks Makers 3-Play 100% Scottish Cashmere Sweater - Blue - Medium Chest: 21.75" Length: 26" Top of collar - end of sleeve: 33: Sleeves: 25" (based on approximate shoulder to end of sleeve)* * This style of seam stitching does not have a defined shoulder seam $165 shipped (US)
Best place to buy Alfred Sargent boots at good price? Looking at the Alfred Sargent Cambridge.