or Connect

Posts by Girardian

Bump for these iconic special edition boots.
Think I'll pull something special this weekend. May just be an aged Esplendido if I'm up for a longer smoke, or a custom roll. I have some from many of the epic rollers (Yolanda, La China, Enrique Mons, Santos, etc.) and I think I'll sift through the stash to find something that smells and feels at a peak. Speaking of custom rolled cigars, I could not take any photos (house rules) but I had a Taboada Dom Perignon at the Bohemian Club in San Francisco last month. ...
I'm at the office - drinking my "desk drawer whiskey" (which is currently a Four Roses single barrel, OESF, clocking gin at 52.7%). Straight, out of a porcelain espresso cup. Nice notes of winter spice and rye on the front, leveling out to a creamy finish. A little heat in the mid-palate. Not the most balanced of the Four Roses barrels I've had, but for a 2 a.m. pour at work, I'm not complaining.
Had this recently with some Prime ribeye. 2000 Chanticleer Cabernet -- a small Yountville estate producer. Know the owner, he's a good guy. Small production. Purchased directly from the winery on release. Drinking beautifully now, very well integrated, soft, easy drinking, but not for lack of character and depth -- just fully integrated and nicely mature. Has years to go but it's drinking great now. Mostly cabernet with a small percentage of Sangiovese.
Araujo is great -- I had a bottle with a time-defying finish that was perceptible for about 2.5 minutes and make me think I could perceive it for 5. I'm sure the Vox clan would point to research suggesting this is just happening because I know I'm drinking Araujo, but I say that they can make wine that keeps on singing.
Thank you sir - and yes, someone should buy these!
The elegant and timeliness F-Last. Post updated.
NIB VASS Double Monks with lasted shoe trees RARE Museum Calf Slate Gray Size: 43.5 (US 10.5D) (Measurements on request) Last: F-Last Sole: Leather Leather: Gray museum calf Lasted VASS Shoe Trees: Included VASS brushed cotton shoe bags: Included Condition: New in box, no sole wear very minor shop-wear (creasing) on uppers from trying on Full size photos are here.
New in Box Stewart's Choice (made by Alfred Sargent) Oxford shoes. US Size 10.5. "Burt Oak" suede and brown pebblegrain leather with Vibram sole. *Free Woodlore Shoe Trees Included at full asking price (not pictured)* Details New in box (box and bags included) New Alfred Sargent for Paul Stewart (Stewart's Choice) Suede and leather Vibram sole Burnt Oak suede Pebble grain brown saddle detail 10.5D Included *only* at Asking Price Shoes, box, and bags *FREE...
Special Exclusive to Leffot Alden "Cooney" suede captoe boots. Suede Speedhooks Aberdeen Last Flext Welt Soles Cap Toe Size 10.5 US Fit TTS Measurements on request. "Our Cooney boot is back. Made expressly for Leffot, this snuff suede captoe boot on the Aberdeen last features low profile flat Flex Welt soles, brown agatine eyelets, and speed hooks. It’s a masterpiece of a shoe that looks great with basically any outfit, from jeans to casual suits."