or Connect

Posts by goodlife

I have done this with a few belonging to the gf. I think it depends on the scarf and the jacket. The one I have the most luck with is 24 inches square and very thin. It is bright pink, mid grey, and dark (navy) purple. I wear it with a grey, charcoal, and purple rl polo tweed. The thinness of the silk, and the heft of the tweed leads to a minimal amount of bulk. I think I use this scarf more than the the gf, it may soon be moving in with my things.
Just picked up a bottle of Michters Rye for $28 on sale. Now I am having a little taste. Tastes pretty good.
Quote: Originally Posted by dopey I tried the cosmopolitan. I have no idea what the real thing is supposed to taste like I have made real cosmopolitans a couple times when I have entertained a lot of women at once. I use whatever good vodka I have on hand, fresh lime juice, cointreau or grand marnier, and RW Knudsen 100% cranberry juice. They still tend to taste very alcohol wise, because all the other flavors are so intense. The pure...
I look forward to reading and learning. I am actually becoming kind of bored with my own cooking, but I don't think anyone else has noticed yet. If they have they have been polite enough not to say anything.
Quote: Originally Posted by RSN125 Otherwise a worn out shoes with a new leather sole, doesn't do me much good either. Hopefully they will have character, not be worn out, by the first resoling. I you do decide to resole with leather, either now or later, you might consider double soles. You will get more wear for your money, and a shoe designed for rubber will probably look good with a double sole. I think there was a thread about this a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarmac I do avoid rain and piss-clubs but neither will ruin your shoes. This might be the best line of the day, someone could use that as a signature.
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire I just got back from Vegas. Did not gamble cent one. Had possibly the best meal of my life, at the Guy Savoy. It was in the 50's and 60's. I'm going back next year. Did you get lucky with the weather, my gf went for a convention for work in February one year, and it was 90. Regardless, I commend you. There are just too many places I would rather go. In fact I think I would go back to every major...
Linen is good, as is seersucker and lightweight chino, but I like a very light colors like cream, tan, grey, or olive instead of white. It stays celaner and doesn't stand out so much. I like white and bold colors (pastel and primary) of pants and odd jackets in these same fabrics. Other Ideas: - very light weight demin - cotton/linen long sleved button down shirts (like a summery OCBD) - polos - bucks, suede loafers, boat shoes, and old-school sneaks I do not...
I will not judge anyone who enjoys Vegas, but will personally never go there. I think it is an amusement park and a cultural wasteland. - I am not at all interested in gambeling. - No one goes outside because it is so damn hot most of the year - My understanding of the restaurants (from review and word of mouth) is that they pale in comparison to original/atlernate locations in other cities (like New York, Chicago ...) - Cirque de Soleil is cool, but you can...
In an apparently subconscious attempt to keep myself busy washing glasses, I am now having 2 fingers of Yamazaki 12. The old fashioned glass I am drinking it out of is my third different glass tonight.