or Connect

Posts by goodlife

kaxixi pretty much covered all of the OPs questions, but as I seemingly have nothing better to do, I will try to be a little more comprehensive in case anyone ever uses the search function. For the sake of streamlining this post I will omit shoes worn with day and evening formal wear, as well as boots, and focus on styles that that could/should be worn with suit and sportcoat ensembles. upper material calf cordovan pebble grain suede sole...
If I remember correctly they are AS. IMHO I actually like the proportions of some of the AS Peals better than the C&J Peals.
gin martini, 6 to 1 North Shore #11 gin and Vya dry vermouth The NS #6 is good, but very different. The # 11 is more like the gins I have enjoyed before (ie Tanq. and Hendricks).
Quote: Originally Posted by forex Please update us,I'll place an order if they are indeed CJ.Could you also check this one out? http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...lt_color=Black thanks. Based solely on nail pattern, I am about 95% sure they are C&J (one row). I paid particular attention out of personal curiosity, and anticipation that this question might come up here on SF. I am 100% on the monks oxfords, but I wasn't as...
Quote: Originally Posted by goodlife Pierre Ferand sampler set - 200 ml bottles of each of their four offerings: Amber, Cigar Reserve, Reserve, and Selection Angles The cognac was an unbelievable value. All four bottles for $50. Based on the the cost of the 750 ml bottle the Selection Angles was worth like $35 on its own. PSA for all the Chicago members, this is now priced at $35 at Binney's. I picked up another last night at the...
Quote: Originally Posted by forex Who are these two shoes made by? http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...t_color=Black# http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...lt_color=Black thanks I think those are both C&J. I was in the store yesterday and tried to pay attention to the nail patterns of all the different models. The only one that appeared to be AS were suede semibrogues (the calf ones were C&J), double monks, and plain toe derbys...
It may just be the picture, but it seems like they are hanging on you hips, and sagging in the crotch a little. If this is the case, the pockets might smooth out if you wear the pants closer to your natural waist. Pockets on flat fronts tend to do that unless the wearer is stick thin. This is why pants have pleats, thought I do not think it is a great tradeoff. Otherwise they look okay, a little long, but not if you need to wear them higher.
I think most here will suggest you keep it pretty basic, and when it comes to black tie I agree. If you want to freshen the look a bit there are only a few good options. - simple high quality links and studs - forego studs and go for a minimalist look with a pique shirt with a turndown collar and a fly front (I like this look a lot, and if you think it is necessary you can get a little with with the links) - I know this is not strictly SF approved, but I like a white silk...
Sea Wynde Rum and Pierre Ferand sampler set - 200 ml bottles of each of their four offerings: Amber, Cigar Reserve, Reserve, and Selection Angles The cognac was an unbelievable value. All four bottles for $50. Based on the the cost of the 750 ml bottle the Selection Angles was worth like $35 on its own.
+1, one of those great authentic Chicago places that has blown up without forgetting what made them successful in the first place. I also agree that the location is pretty obnoxious, but quite amazing considering they started in a shed on a trailer with no running water.