or Connect

Posts by goodlife

Vintage military watches, such as those made by Hamilton during WWII, are great for this look. Many different watchmakers received contracts from the military to produce virtually the same watch. If you do not want to go vintage, one of these companies was Benrus, who now make a reproduction. http://www.hammacher.com/publish/634...OVMTC=standard My girlfriend got me one for my birthday this year. It is a nice casual watch that you do not feel bad beating up a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Alter +1 Based on what I have been able to get that for, you should have enough left over for a bottle of Yamazaki 12 and a bottle of Hendricks Gin, or any number of premium Vodkas if you do not like juniper. If you go this route I like Chopin or grey goose at that price point.
I carry both a yellow leather Coach magnetic money clip, and a red leather Jack Spade card holder. The clip holds: cash transit card state ID/DL (depending on whether I will be driving or not) The case holds: student ID primary CC ATM card Debit card Zip car card any claim tickets (dry cleaner, cobbler...) Sometimes I travel light and slip the CC in the clip I previously carried a lot more in a passport style wallet in either my inside breast...
The original post corresponds most closly with the look Flusser prescribes for low contrast complexions. In my opinion it produces a fairly forgettable look for the more darkly complected gentlemen. While a dark blue suit and a light orange shirt seems unusual, a dark blue suit with a pale pink shirt (a combination fitting similar criteria) almost always looks good. As for the complexity of discords, I think anyone who has spent much time reading this forum would be...
My girlfriend studied color theory, and we have arguements about this all the time. Following these guidelines may create a unified and balanced composition, but does not always lead to an interesting look. The chapter on color in [i]Dressing the man[i] is very helpful in illustrating this point.
Overpriced at full retail, but not bad at deep discount. Here in Chicago, I have been seeing a lot of them at Nordstrom's Rack and even TJ Max. I bought one for my brother for $35 (they did not have my size) in a rich steel blue. Another $15 to have the sides and sleaves tapered and he will have a pretty nice $50 shirt.
Very few places are going to carry very much blank Crane stock. Crane does have an off-the-shelf line, but it pales in comparison to their VAST selection of personalized items, which is their primary business. Thus blank stock orders are usually placed through their personalized division by quote only. Requesting numbers on a blank card seems awkward. Have you considered carrying a small notebook like a moleskin. I have one and find it quite useful for jotting...
The problem with doing this on a typewriter is that any stock worth having is not going to work or be ruined by putting it in a typewriter. Even a crappy lightweight stock may not work because the card is so small. If you want your cards to have an artisanal quality have them printed letterpress instead of engraved. If you want to do it yourself you can go on ebay and buy an old tabletop letterpress and a set of type. If you are lucky you might get both for around...
And just received it today (looks totally awesome in person). Therefore any Visiting Cards I buy must fit into the measurements of that container, namely 90mm x 55mm. Q)Which formats that you mentioned would fit into that? A)This size probably eliminates what I referred to as the square and modern calling card formats. That leaves the standard business card size and at least some of the traditional calling card formats. Q)I had read that Visiting Cards are...
One thing I am concerned about is how I can know if the paper they will be printing my Visiting Cards on is flimsy or not. I notice that in the business cards I've collected over the years, some are really flimsy and unappealing to touch. Yet others are firm and great to touch. If I am shelling out lots of money for Visiting Cards, I wanna be 100% sure I'm getting the firm variety for my money. How can I determine this prior to placing my order?[/quote] After...