or Connect

Posts by goodlife

Is it asking too much to receive competent service from one of our top retailers. Service in England is far and away better than in the US. When I was there as a 20 year old university student with an unhealthy interest in traditional menswear, I made the rounds. I probably had not right to be in some of those shops, but I was treated well. I fact, I do not think I could get the same service today in Chicago.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarmac Who cares man. You are like the Trekkie correcting William Shatner on how many horses he has on his ranch. Funny, but not really an accurate comparison, but I digress. I do not want to start anything since I have apparently raised the forum's collective ire for starting this thread.
Quote: Originally Posted by metkirk Usually a Gin Tonic, sometimes Cosmo. I don't get why the classic Martini is so popular. 4 part Gin and 1 part Dry Vermouth right? That's like drinking straight Gin for me, can you even taste the vermouth? That is the appeal. I do not drink them all the time, but before dinner I really enjoy them. First, I like the flavor of good gin. Also, it is crisp and refreshing without overpowering the taste...
Quote: Originally Posted by mr. magoo Since you must wear suits for work (assuming that's standard business dress), I would err heavily towards that: 3 suits (charcoal, navy, medium gray -- solids would be my pick for both business and pleasure) 2 pair of business shoes (brown EGs and black lace-ups Lidforts would be my preference) Approx. 7 shirts for work in basic white/blue/pink and, at most, 3 others for pleasure 1 Barbour or trench coat...
Quote: Originally Posted by forex They always say that,that's what they are told to tell customers,who gives a shit.If you know they are made by AS or C&J,that should be sufficient. If that is what they are told to say, it is even worse. If it is just that individuals pitch, it is just one ignorant person. If however, it is policy then it speaks to the service culture of Brooks Brothers. To tell someone a bullshit story when you know they...
This is most likely completely inane, but I thought I would share my mornings experiance at Brooks Brothers. I will not indicate which one to protect the guilty. After reading the the Brooks Boot Sale Thread over the past few days, and seeing some other sale items on their website, I decided to pay a visit to my nearest Brooks Brothers to take a look and try out some sizes before I placed an order. I had a look around (incedentilly they have some really nice skinny...
Vosges. They are based in Chicago, but have shops in NY and Vegas. Self described as Haute Chocolate, they seem a little bizare when you first look at the ingrediants. However, they totally make sense when you taste them. I like them because they are a little out of the ordinary. http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/
Quote: Originally Posted by Flambeur Yes, absolutely! One of the few times I was wasted well before 3PM. +1 Went to the Guiness museum first thing in the morning. Finished that tour with a pint in the sky bar. Fresh and tasty and one of the best views in Dublin. From there went Jameson. I had been told by a friend to volunteer, but not what I was volunteering for, though I was assured I would like the result. After Jameson I headed...
Gin Martini with Hendricks, Tanq 10, Tanq, or Bombay Saphire (in order of preference). I like a citrus twist instead of an olive, but often end up with a wedge of fruit instead of just peel. I have not had good results requesting vermouth to coat the glass/shaker with the rest dumped. It always seems like they use too much, so I often do not bother. Same thing with the orange bitters. I guess I usually end up drinking chilled gin, now that I thinks about it. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Doc4 As for the actual washing, I keep white shirts on their own, and other shirts I wash by colour family: all the blues today, the pinks and lilacs next time, and so on. If the colours are not too bold/deep, and generally complimentary, you may be able to wash them all together if you don't have enough for separate washes. ... cold water ... regular cycle ... nothing special ... gets the job done. Take them out...