or Connect

Posts by goodlife

I have four. One french cuff and one button cuff will usually be the first I reach for when I want to keep it simple. The third is a pinpoint oxford that I treat like an OCBD (tumble dry, not iron) and wear with jeans to kick around in. Unlike others I don't have a lot of solid blue, only one in heavy twill, but I will probably add a broadcloth (maybe 1 FC & one button cuff) before warm weather returns. Most of the others are checks and stripes on a white field. A...
This picture also appears to be a successful rebuttal of the recent denunciation of the shirt collar outside of the jacket. Also, one could serve the Thanksgiving turkey on that watch, it's HUGE
The decision on fit is really up to you. I have a pair of snug Bentons that I am trying to break in, but if they don't loosen up I can give/sell them to my brother who has a slightly smaller foot, and only one pair of dress shoes. Once again though, if they are too small you will not want a cronically uncomfortable shoe. That said, I like both pair. If you decide the fit is ok, or you just are not used to a structured shoe, and you are comfortable with the price...
Ayinger Octoberfest I'm actually a little disappointed. Maybe it just isn't as fresh as it could be being about 6 weeks past prime.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sator Here is the definitive thread on the subject: http://thelondonlounge.net/gl/forum/...pic.php?t=6562 The only thing I would emphasise is that you should match to the formality of your bride. A lounge suit is fine if your bride is also showing up in a dress informal enough she could easily wear it after the wedding. If you want to bespeak something wearable after the wedding then consider having a charcoal grey...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mauby I recommended the Hancock observatory for the college students visiting. I wouldn't recommend the snooty, overpriced bar & restaurant for them. Snooty maybe, but wouldn't it be smarter for a college student on a budget to take the $15 they would pay to get into the observatory and buy a cocktail, leave a tip, pocket a buck or two, and get the same views while avoiding a long line of obnoxious tourists?
Great Wine Made Simple by Andrea Immer http://books.google.com/books?id=Jrw...inauthor:Immer
We have one similar to this http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family...c=14084&f=8901 Ours came from Marshall Fields (pre Macys) and is made of solid wood. The detailing is a little different and the top does not fold out though. It is really nice because it sits against the wall and does not draw too much attention until you open it up. You may also consider a vintage mid-century credenza, which could be fitted with modular bar accessories like wine cubes and...
[quote=Mauby;1453005Hit the Hancock observatory if it's a clear day - much better view than the Sears Tower observatory.[/QUOTE] NO! I agree it is a better view than the Sears Tower, but the observatory is not the way to go. There are long lines and I think there is an admission charge. It is a much better idea to go to the bar at the Hancock. It is the same 360 degree view, just one floor difference but with booze and no cover. The connected restaurant also does...
I would like to have the tab at the top of the lapel, so the jacket can be buttoned at the neck to keep warm in a pinch.