or Connect

Posts by ruzzi

thanks mafoofan, greatly appreciated!
calling iwc experts! about to pull the trigger on my first watch (mark xv) from a reputable overseas second hand dealer. however, one minor detail someone picked up was that the crown appears to be a replacement 'probus' rather than iwc 'fish' crown. is this something to worry about or just worth enquiring about the service history?
Singapore SF'ers: Has anyone had any dealings with this grey-market dealer?: Kenneth Chen, Collectors Haven, 5 Balmoral Crescent (Inside VIP Hotel) Singapore] Looking to buy my first watch from them (discontinued model so AD is not an option) and want to get a non-Timezone forum independent check just to make sure. I believe they sell a lot of PAMs. Any help appreciated!
Any SF'ers experienced at buying watches from second hand dealers online? I live in Australia and I'm considering buying a mint IWC Mark XV from a second hand dealer in Singapore that's listed it on Timezone. However, I've never bought a good watch online, let alone bought a good watch and this is my first 'serious' watch purchase. I saved for the last few months for the watch so I don't want to botch it! If anyone could help me out, tips, guidance etc, please PM me -...
new IWC pilot's line is up on the website: http://www.iwc.com/en-us/collection/pilots/ looks pretty awful actually... what the hell.
anyone been playing pickup lately ?
I'd like to use the collective wisdom SF'ers. I'm really keen on getting my hands on a mint IWC Mark XV. Is there anyway to confirm whether this Mark XV is genuine? http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=524130&rid=0 The red flags for me and HK and it's apparently still under warranty, but the watch was discontinued a few years ago. Oh and there's no box? Any questions I can ask to determine the legitimacy? I'm thinking maybe ask for proof of purchase or...
thanks kaplan - very helpful and informative. had no idea about those differences between earlier and later models! i'm guessing it is easier to tell the difference between minute and hour hand when glancing at the watch (just my guess though!)
venessian - good to know. yes, they tend to be getting more expensive. i saw a few sales from 2005-2008 and a lot were under $2,000 as you said. bhall - wow, $3,000 with a bracelet! that is quite an awesome considering the bracelet i understand is worth over $1,000? any chance you could pm the local dealer's name (maybe they can keep an eye out for me) another general question - i have skinny (6.5 inch) wrists and i read that the black leather strap came in difference...
thanks kap. appreciate it. seems on i'm the same hunt you were a while back. any tips on what i should look for? i think i'll have to settle for a mint pre-owned one unfortunately!