or Connect

Posts by ruzzi

lol.i hate the heat but:durant's won the the finals... neverwestbrook's won the finals ... neveribaka's won the finals... never
Thanks again JM. Yep, saw that. Definitely plan to drop by there one day but I'm a southsider.... I don't to cross that river!!!
what's oz members current opinions on meermin? budget is around $300-400... do i cheap it with meermin or save the extra for carmina? or something else? looking for work beaters.... black and brown oxfords
How much did the Deerstyle MTO cotton trousers cost ball park? and more importantly... cuff or no cuff?
Thanks again JM. BTW is regent tailors still your recommended Brisbane tailor for alterations? need to get a herringbone suit pants slimmed down in the legs and seat and jacket sleeves shortened.
polling members: are cotton dress trousers in darker colors (like the ones from pjohnson) appropriate australian corporate wear? context: work an inhouse lawyer at publicly listed IT company where 95% of the guys wear the standard business shirt/black suit pant/no tie/no jacket/cheap dress shoe combo. building my work wardrobe and not sure whether to add some cotton dress pants for summer in brisbane over wool ones.
Thanks PetePan and Stiva - guess i'll stick to the food!
What do you guys hit up when you visit Hong Kong? My budget for suits is around ~$1k and all the recommended tailors on the HK tailors thread seem to be in the $1,200+ range with a lot of horror stories. I may as well just stick to suitshop/pjt right? Armory looks like a good place for accessories so I might budget for a couple ties and a pair of shoes. Shirts I've tried jantzen and I think theyre terrible. Is there anything that is actually good value in HK for...
Visited Sydney on the weekend (from Bris) and dropped by suitshop for an appointment with Remy. Just getting a basic navy suit, $975 for half canvassed. Patrick dropped into the shop at the start of the actual fitting process and did the measurements with Remy, so walked out of there with some confidence that the end product will fit well. Nice shop, great & knowledgeable service so far from Remy & Patrick and I like the efficient process at suitshop (In and out in about...
Brisbane Tailor update: I went to Regent and met Tony, very nice guy, and quoted me $22 to narrow the suit sleeves. Tess wanted to charge $38. He said it didn't need narrowing though so I said I'd think about it. Will go back to him for anything in the future. Thanks Journeyman.sidenote: I just noticed the sleeves on my low-end Herringbone suit don't even false button holes... just the buttons... is this normal for Herringbone?