Posts by Nvspwndamnstr39

Thanks for the support, Blau. I have decided to go slowly for now. It was humbling to realize that I was about to blow 6 to 7k on a Milgauss before knowing anything about its history or place within the Rolex pantheon. After just about two weeks of casual research, I now see that there are lots of other possibly better starting places. The BLNR feels like a better point of departure, but I am forcing myself to wait until at least the end of April before pulling the trigger...
As if I need any more encouragement from you guys ;) I knew it was expensive, but didn't realize the Daytona was the whiskey shell cordovan tanker boot of watch world; the AP had two on display in my town.  Having said that, which Daytona does everyone go gaga for?
I can begin to appreciate what you guys mean. I started planning things out in my mind last night: finalize purchase of first Rolex within the next month (probably a BLNR). Wait 9-12 months, convince dear wife that an Incredible Hulk will also hold its value nicely. The following year, go Milgauss. Then someday, a Daytona. Maybe I should just unsubscribe from this thread now.
I don't think I'll be able to look my son in the eye when he gets in to college. Not sure how I'll tell him his textbook and meal plan money is on my wrist. I do Aldens and Vibergs, but I never quite moved up to Edward Green or Gaziano Girling. Epaulet and Engineered Garments I can hang with, but not sure I can hang with the haute stuff. Sadly for me, I think it will be one or two Rolexes then out. But I look forward to living vicariously through you more financially...
  You gentlemen are very wise. I have decided to extend the moratorium on purchasing to at least a month from now, which gives me time to set aside additional cash should I want the BLNR and allows me to take care of taxes and spring vacation without my wife having a luxury expenditure to freak out over. It seemed to me that I was in a bit of a hypomanic fog given the advice, encouragement and enthusiasm you gents have offered. The fact that I was certain about the...
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in...I spent part of last night reading reviews and appreciation threads about the BLNR and had just about decided that this was the way to go, convinced that it was more substantial looking and more versatile than the Millie. Then you go and post your response.It's clear that I need both in my life. Do you think she'll believe me if I tell her I traded the Breitling in for two Rolexes? She was the salutatorian of our Nescac...
Thanks for the kind words about the 7750 Breitling chrono. No offense intended to Breitling owners. I should be more content with it. It looks quite new and still gets compliments around these parts. I might just be frustrated about it not running well since it returned from service. I guess 40-something me wishes younger me had thought more carefully about the Rolex thing back in the day.Yes, I was a black jeans / doc martens boots wearing lad in the 90s who went to high...
Gorgeous watch.Was the wetsuit bespoke? 😂
Thank you for confirming this. I will ask about the finish wheels. Sidebar: I bought a Bergeon watch strap replacement tool shortly after the milennium. The narrow tip broke only three weeks ago, about a decade and a half later, and only because I worked the hell out of it on a jammed spring bar the service folks put in when they serviced my watch; probably could have gotten another 10 years out of it if it was a normal spring bar removal. Sturdy indeed.
Gorgeous. Now I have un-ruled it out