or Connect

Posts by illumin8em

Quote: Originally Posted by pat pearson I have attached two photos of my boots in the rust color I just got last month. They are absolutely brilliant. Walked 5 miles in them the other day and have never worn a shoe more consistently comfortable. Didn't have to break them in at all. I sized down a whole size ( as recommended) and they fit perfect. They looked pretty pimp next to the rucksack so I had to include a shot. Cheers, ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Crane's Yes I am. This is a continuation of a test that started with a pair of original 1K boots. You can read it here. In that thread I stated that I did not think the sole would survive. That assumption was proved wrong after nearly a year of abuse. Even though the soles are smooth slipping has not been a problem either. The mud around here is hard clay and it gets a layer of peanut butter slop over it. My lugged boots slip...
Quote: Originally Posted by dijon been searching around and found these, I really wish Chippewa made these version of the boots available in the US if anyone has info on where to get it, would appreciate it a lot . . bottom boot is not the same boot as the boots above it. the boots you posted first are Japan only, and Cordovan, and expensive. the bottom boots you can get at Zappos, you just have to remove the tongue tab and they are...
Quote: Originally Posted by joshuakarjala I just got a black pair of Addison 1000-mile. They are gorgeous. But I don't think I would dare wear them somewhere they could get scruffed up. Want to get the LL Beans' for heavy wear in the woods and dirt. I fit the wolverines perfectly with a 12D - what should I go for with the Katahdins? size 12D. you should send me some photos of your new black addisons to help convince me to get a pair. please
. how i wish the addison wing tip would've been just a simple toe cap like this. It just fits perfect. I do not really see any problems with your boots, but another picture online from a well know store has boots that have a horrible color blotching on the vamp. I have no idea why they used that pair of these for the photos.
Brown 11 boot sold Black 10 back up for sale. sold on ebay, but its been 5 day and buyer has yet to reply.
. why don't people read the thread? seems the logical thing to do if you want some info on a product that is the subject of the entire thread. you may find such answers and pictures just a few pages in to your journey
Quote: Originally Posted by habitant I will take the black ones for 180 if you're interested. Quote: Originally Posted by habitant not interested in selling them to me? not at your price
. drop to $210 shipped
Quote: Originally Posted by dinogj Just came back from a rather "outdoorsy" weekend in West Virginia wearing only my katahdins. They survived a spot of impromptu mountain climbing, at least 10 miles of hiking in rocky terrain, a WVU football game, getting stomped/vomited on at a bar, having hot .45 casings fall on them after a spot of shooting (The GF is a gun enthusiest), driving 14 hours, tromping through mud and cow poop, climbing two trees and kicking...