or Connect

Posts by nmulax

I picked up a polo at Locoste this weekend, was doing some laundry this evening.. and without realizing it, threw the shirt in the dryer with my other clothes. It wasn't until I opened the dryer to put the next load in that I realized what I had done. I tried it on; the shirt ends right at my belt, so if I lift my arms... yeah, you notice my shirts too small. The sleeves also tightened up and it's almost uncomfortably tight around my biceps. So now I'm stuck with...
Quote: Originally Posted by hermes how is that chaud denim store in royal oak i have not been to it yet but they are constantly advertising in metro times and such as 'the' location for denim in metro detroit ...... I stopped in there a month or two ago and was unimpressed; though they may have picked up some more stuff since then. Talked with one of the owners about possibly picking up Nudies or some other stuff nobody else carried... she...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahaz What inseam did you get, and how did they actually measure? I've looked at rigid Levis before, but they usually only have my waist at length 32. I got a pair of 32x34. The actual inseam is just under 35". Where are you looking at the rigid Levi's? If it's a Levi's store, I would think they'd order you whatever size you need. If they don't fit, tell them you're not going to buy them. The girl said the...
What are the "stacked" jeans? I actually went up to the Levi's store today and picked up a pair of Capital E jeans. I got the Strummer fit (low, slim, straight leg) in the dry denim. The sales girl was able to use the 30% off discount that BigSur shared with us, even though it ended yesterday; so I picked them up for $97. I tried on a pair of APC New Standards a few weeks ago and I prefer the Levi's. The fit is great (the rise on the APC's were too high for my...
So maybe these were more of impulse purchases then anything else. I'm thinking I'll heed the advice given, return the coats and find something on sale, or via ebay. Thanks guys.
As I looked at the rain pouring down this morning, I realized I don't have much in terms of a spring coat that can handle the elements. I have a leather jacket, a couple thick wool winter jackets (car coat and full-length overcoat), and a handful of track-jackets... but that's it. So off to the mall I went, and found two coats that I really like. Kenneth Cole Concrete Jungle jacket Sanyo jacket The Sanyo jacket I picked up is actually slightly different then this...
Quote: Originally Posted by montecristo#4 I've got to disagree here. My experience has been that their sizing is all over the map. Just out of curiousity, what size AA do you wear at 6'2" and skinny? All of my AA stuff is size Medium. I have a 38" chest, and 30" actual waist (though I wear 32x34 jeans).
While I do agree those are some cool looking shoes... why's the thread titled "vampire art shoes"? Where it states "smooth leather upper with artistic vamp detail" under the shoes features; vamp is not short for vampire. A shoe's vamp is the portion that covers your instep.
AA seems to be the most consistant with their quality/fit. I have 4 or 5 solid tshirts from Express that I love... but I got 2 more a few months ago, and I hate wearing them... they have a bit more stretch in them then the older shirts from there, and something about the fit just doesn't feel right. I'm assuming BR/Gap is probably about the same; there's not always consistancy with their basic products. Being 6'2" and skinny, I usually have my tshirts tailored for a...
I have a question of the fit of APC New Standards dry denim. I typically wear a 32x34 in most jeans (Ernest Sewn, Diesel, Seven), but tried on some NS' today, and am debating between a 30 or a 31. The 31 is more comfortable through the legs, and I can actually fit my hands in the pockets; but the waist is a bit big. I'm worried that #1. they're going to be uncomfortable to wear, because even while just trying them on, they were riding up on me, and #2 as the stretch...