or Connect

Posts by Hanseat

Btw- Connemara, I'm about your age (just turned 20) and it's ridiculously easy to pull off. Give it a try, anywhere in college should be fine. (Unless you guys get sued for sexual harassment over that, that is). I didn't think myself that this would work but had a relaxed attitude about it which helped. Maybe that came out unclear but I'm a law student and this girl is a med student. Doing the whole 'I'm a doctor and that's sexy'-routine is a very successful move,...
Sony Ericsson P 990i f***ing great smartphone for little money as the new one comes out soon- PDF, word and excel editing, email, W-LAN, UMTS, MP3, decent camera. More recently I bought beer and snacks at the gas station across the street.
Thanks everyone for this thread... ----THIS IS A TRUE STORY AS MADE UP AS IT MAY SOUND--- Funny thing happened to me last Friday (last day of the semester): It was around 1.30 PM and I was walking back home, carrying a laptop. On the way I was walking past these two girls -somewhat drunk but not overly- and the one said to her friend in a way that I was obviously supposed to overhear it that I must be either a med or a law student (which is what I am and yes, I...
My Prom attire (3 yrs. ago): I think I did pretty well, but only now noticed that the coat had notch lapels (who even makes something like that?) and the pants only one stripe running down, plus I'd probably get it a number bigger today. I wore my own shoes, so excuse that- I didn't want to wear the rental crap. And yes, I did see enough action that night- the sophisticated european was my thing... Btw. I'll be getting my very own white tie attire this summer for a...
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter I don't know if this is true, but I have heard it from multiple sources - in germany, if you don't call a person by his correct title, when you are aware of his title, it is an offense that is actionable. basically, if you introduce somebody as Mr. smith, and he corrects you and says "that is actually Dr. Smith" and you then do it again, he could, theoretically, sue you. Well, I'm studying law but...
Quote: Originally Posted by mano ... Professionally, I am doctor mano and am proud of the four post-grad years and countless 70 hour weeks it took to earn the highest academic degree offered on this planet. Not to be too much of a smartass but at least in Germany there's a post-Ph.D degree, which is required to become a Professor. Basically, you write a second doctoral-thesis and have to be published and all that. If you lecture at...
Stupid question from someone who attends law school in germany? You don't have to take any classes in economics or business in Law school in the US? Here in Freiburg they even used to be one Faculty until about 30 yrs. ago... That's what is so interesting about law school in the US being a graduate program as opposed to Europe- if you want to know about the business side of law, you could pursue a BA in business before your study of law... but if you don't care, you...
I've read in the instructions for a nice sweater that you shouldn't actually 'handwash' a 'handwash' item. Instead you should put it in the washing machine, put it on the handwash-program and let this do the work. It said this would control the temperature more precise than you can with your hand. That's what I've always done and fared well with that.
Do a search on the Nomos Tangente here and on AAAC... I have one and love it dearly.
God bless the american girls for showing up in pj's. What's wrong with that? We' ve done payama days at school and, personally, I didn't mind... This can look very good if not worn like a uniform- also, I like the thought of...