or Connect

Posts by Hanseat

Living in the black forest I'll have to add Rothaus Tannenzäpfle which has gained popularity as one of the best german beers. http://www.spiegel.de/international/...462947,00.html
I think its fairly interesting to see that many of you well-dressed people would wear sweatpants and a t-shirt once at home. Not to put anyone down but to me it's a question of self-respect to wear something I could welcome guests in or run some errands outside the house in. I can see someone wearing khakis, cords or jeans at home, but sweatpants or a PJ? Then again I'm a college student so I don't have to wear suit and tie every day. But if the clothes are well...
a) The button stance is awkward- it should be: x --- x - x x - - x x - Also the buttons look very high on this jacket but you might have specified that. b) There's something wrong with the lapel, can't quite put my finger on it. c) I don't see any cuff- the sleeves look too long. d) It might be due to the angle of the first picture but the jacket might be too long, I'd need a better picture to tell. Did you not ask for more waist suppression, you seem fairly young...
dream job: well-established lawyer with his own practice in a nice neighborhood, private scholar (all dressed in tweed...) or surf pro (sun, girls in bikinis and drinks never too far away) fantasy job: Ronald McDonald The first one sound attainable and is what I'm shooting for after toiling for couple of years in a bigger law firm gaining experience.
When you consider putting taps on the toe of your shoe I would recommend against that. a) It restricts the natural rolling movement and b) scratches hardwood floors easily. Instead I walk quite a bit in my new shoes until the front of the sole has worn down quite a bit and then have a cobbler put on the same rubber that he uses on the heel. Works well for me- just make sure not to drain that part of the sole in leather oil or else the glue won't stick as well.
I'd like to extend this debate somewhat in not focusing on the US that much. I believe it is a problem of our generation that we have become uncritical. We a) believe that consensus forms truth (wikipedia) and b) have such vast information resources available at out fingertips that we don't bother to think anymore (after all someone else surely has written something about that beforehand)- so why bother to critically assess the validity of information... I'm sure...
Speedster, where do you live? Denmark is the only country I know of that has such stiff 'fines' for wanting a nice car...
Working toward a law degree at the University of Freiburg, Germany: Civil law III (law of obligations II) Criminal law III Property law Civil procedure Administrative law another 7/9 semesters (2 semesters in either Uppsala, Buenos Aires or Geneva/Lausanne) until I'll take the first state examination... then it's only two more years of clerking and I can finally sit for the bar exam.
I'm partial to Laurent-Perrier.
Gran Sasso has a slim fit line. EDIT: Forgot about a wonderful slim fitting sweater I have made by Andrea Fenzi. Great stuff, pricey though...