or Connect

Posts by Hanseat

Quote: Originally Posted by tiger02 Germans can't make pizza. I'll take a NY style pizza over a German one any day, even if it's not nearly as good as what you get in Naples. Whoohh... You mean you prefer one of these either really thick (NY style) or incredbly greasy pizzas over a pizza that can be had in Germany? Most pizzas around here come realtively close to the original as I don't really know any restaurant that has pizza that is not...
Actually it's 0049 for Germany.
In that case display it proudly. It's just that I've noticed how americans wear their crappy cameras (lots of kodak's or even small analogue cameras) around the neck or shoulder... Especially when you're wearing cargo pants putting the camera in your pocket (-> not looking like a tourist) is just a smart thing to do.
I'm afraid to say following about Europe: Germans are infamous for wearing white tennis socks with sandals, shorts are common in the cities even among older people (of course all except business people). You shouldn't have much of a problem here. Following is what can be used for the "american-litmus-test": - avoid white tennis shoes- only americans wear them - avoid A&F-style baggy pants/ shorts- no one around here has that many pockets on his pants - avoid...
Sorry, but with the flash it looks as if you dropped some paint on your shoes... I'd strip it off, find a good polish that carries blue (I think Burgol does and Saphire d`Or should be available too) and apply it over a layer of a black foundation. You'll end up with shoes that actually underwent some kind of antiqueing (sp?) and will look good under any light. Besides, you probably don't want people to notice that you have blue on your shoes but just the nice effect on...
Having grown up in Beck's town means that I'm somewhat partial to Beck's. They actually make a few other beers for the local marked one of which is Haake-Beck Kräusen that is a filtered several times. Nice beer on a saturday evening. They make St. Pauli Girl too, just that no one around here has ever heard it.... Pisner Urquell sure is a nice beer- very clean taste and hey, you can see plenty of people drinking it around noon in Prague (been there half a year ago and...
Quote: Originally Posted by the diplomat pretty much the same I wear now for leisure... jeans or khakis, Polo RL poloshirt or button-down-shirt, brougues, loafers or boatshoes (age: 15-19, in Germany you finish secondary school at the age of 19) before that I had a phase where I only wore skater-clothing (age: 12-15) That seems to be the uniform among german high-schoolers. Right now I'm in those precious last months before the final exams and...