or Connect

Posts by gsugsu

A balmoral or oxford has closed lacing. A derby or blucher -sorry for mistyping servy - has open lacing.
I might also suggest Maftei in Vienna. Bespoke starts around €1000 with a test shoe and refinement then the finished shoe with more adjustments to get the fit bang on. They are also very open to doing whatever toe you might like.
If it was their bespoke and not their MTO, I would not want to order 6 different shoes off measurements with no fittings and then have to deal with adjustments or remakes on all or some of them. We are all aware of some variation in Vass MTO makeups given their hand made operations. You also gave to take into considerarion the difference in fit between a balmoral and a derby. think it more prudent to do a balmoral and if you were feeling lucky a derby and dial in those...
If you are doing true bespoke with one maker you would probably be smart to have one pair done and dial in the fit before ordering another pair. Despite the fact that bespoke is based on your measurements, often adjustments are required to refine the fit.If you are going with several makers then order one from each. It will be a grand experiment and you will have the ability to refine the fit of each prior to ordering more.
Well, Vass is neither far eastern or Czech. If you are going to visit them versus doing it via Internet you have the ability to try various lasts to see which fits you best. I would also say to take a look at the traditional lasts instead of just the F, U and K.
Good luck to you. So you will try a variety of makers and see which makes a shoe that fits you best?
Might want to do a bit more research before you dive right into 6 bespoke pairs of shoes. What makers are you considering?
Yes, they have all of their models on there. Do you have an idea of what you are thinking of or you asking for recommendations on style, last and colour to help inform your decision?
Have you looked at the catalogue to see what appeals to you? Does your business casual include an odd jacket? How does a Norweger strike you?
You need to let them dry. Your feet perspire and if you wear them everyday you will speed up the degradation of the leather/suede.