or Connect

Posts by gsugsu

Clearly the stars have aligned and you must buy those shoes.
Quote: Originally Posted by radicaldog I don't have time to get new clothes. And unfortunately some of my seasonal clothes are now at the tailor's (in Italy) for alterations and/or finishing touches. The realistic and superstition-approved options are: - Navy 2B worsted suit, fairly slim cut, Zegna cloth. - Camel-coloured 3B tweed coat (solid-coloured Robert Noble cloth, mid-weight) and mid-grey flannels. - DB 4x2 cachemere blazer with black horn...
I repeat: shitty BlackBerry photos. Flash, no flash, still looks like shit. I guess the only thing to do is imagine the #24 brown buck derbies on the Cleverley site in dark brown calf.
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria Hmmm...they're kinda ugly. Was this the first pair from them? If so, what was your inspiration for the details? Actually, from my poor pictures they do look kind of fugly. They are the first pair of bespoke with Cleverley and my insipration was a 1970 Plymouth Superbird +Cleverley Catalogue #24 the brown buck derby with hand sewn wingcap. I liked the way they looked in person so but i wanted them in a dark...
Quote: Originally Posted by fritzl i cannot understand, why people do not pick up their bespoke shoes personally??? the op' shoes are an unusual design and sorry i cannot say i like them at all... I appreciate your honesty.
Quote: Originally Posted by jon5986 I am undecided. I want a new boot in (dark brown), which I can wear with jeans and I like a few of their new styles on the back on the Fall Itinerary Cards. Style number 2 (on the Fall Itinerary) is beautiful! What's next on your list? I do like that shoe. I'm not sure what is next for me. I was thinking about something in Russian Reindeer; maybe a boot like the Derby or the High-Cut Veldt.
Quote: Originally Posted by jon5986 Beautiful shoes! Nice work...... I am meeting with Cleverley in two week in NYC for my next pair of shoes! ummm what to get So, what are you leaning towards; colour; leather, style?
Quote: Originally Posted by Drydis Greis If you are looking for a hard wearing, long lasting combat boot, look at Danner's - http://www.danner.com/category/military+boots.do. You did say combat boot... In all my years of military service, these are the best I've ever owned. I have had them in old black leather and the new style. Here are some more looks at the different Danner...
Duncan has a nice selection but I went bespoke and I'm glad I did. Was measured by Domenic in NYC in April and overall it was a pleasant experience.
I was off Friday and when I walked into the office this morning, I found a package from Cleverley waiting. They are incredibly light as people have mentioned before. Sorry for the crappy BlackBerry photos. Maybe I should spend the money on a camera instead of shoes.