or Connect

Posts by gsugsu

Quote: Originally Posted by bjm Gents, I am thinking about buying these velvet slippers to go with my burgundy smoking jacket. What say you guys? Fun and stylish or too much/dorky? I should add I am happily married with 4 kids in the burbs and my home is my castle Not for me but if it makes you happy do it. How could wearing these put the smoking jacket over the top?
Quote: Originally Posted by IGORSEMONOV I'd like exchange the tie. I think dark color will better But it is a wedding tie.
You have to balance the allure of the wood burning fireplace with practicality. Sure it is great to have but how often are you going to use it? If you use it all the time then you either have to buy wood or cut, split and stack it yourself, which is fine if you have the time and inclination. The open hearth is romantic but as someone said it is an energy drain. An enclosed stove is more efficient. then there is maintenance so your wonderful wood stove doesn't cause a...
Nice photo-tour of your trip.
Quote: Originally Posted by a-rock It's because when the typical amjack thinks of pink, they're imagining hot pink or something garish. A light pink is just as versatile as a light blue. +1 Pink has a place in the shirt and tie rotation for sure.
Quote: Originally Posted by Helix That is the first good thing i have ever heard about Saskatchewan. Probably the only good thing there is. Canada and all... I'm surprised you've even heard of Saskatchewan. Canada and all
Some 42.5's would be nice
move to Saskatchewan where it is standard time all the time.
Quote: Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff This can happen if the tie sits too low on the neckband. I often make sure my tie is as high up on the neckband as possible before it interferes with turning the outer part of the collar down over the tie. +1 take the time to ensure this occurs and it will eliminate much of what you are experiencing.
Of all things, the two most recent comments have been regarding my "brown is for farmers" Isaia nailhead suit. go figure.