or Connect

Posts by gsugsu

I have the luxury of choosing to dress up or down at will. Come June I dress more casually unless I have an outside meeting. No suit, jacket or tie. July to mid-August I'm on holidays so my work attire favours Carhartts and the like as I'm outside all day doing manual labour. By the time I return to work in August I'm looking forward to dressing "up" again. That said, there is a huge divide between my work and at home attire. I will rarely wear an odd jacket and chinos or...
Thanks for the questions and I realize I should have been more clear. Yes, the shoes were all new save for the Barker Black's which were lightly used and purchased from a SF member. Most were purchased in bricks and mortar establishments so I could establish my size for a particular brand and a particular last. Once I have my size pinned down I will order online from an authorized dealer. The Vass U last were purchased new from Vass via a SF member. I suppose i took a...
I would submit that where one works has a a major impact on how one dresses. One either has to defer to the organization as in the case of a conservative law firm for example or as stated above, when given the freedom to do as one wishes, to rise above the casual norm. I think age has a great deal to do with how one dresses. Hopefully we learn over time the difference between flash and substance and how to dress tastefully. Realizing what works for you versus wearing...
^ which is why I have never followed the Brannock but rather experimented with which particular last fits best within one maker's range of products and across all makers. As an example, with Vass the F last fits me better than the U even after figuring out my correct size in each respective last.
I've had my feet measured at various times of the day including late in the day. The result is always 8.5D. My left foot is slightly longer than my right but still short of 9. I have a narrow heel and slippage is sometimes a problem. Heel fit is best with a pair of Barker Black Archdale's.. My JL Beckett's are the worst in this respect.
Yes
Similar experience here. According to the Brannock and the people operating it I always cone out at 8.5 D with my left foot slightly bigger than the right. However, based on my subjective sense of comfort I have rarely found a US 8.5 or equivalent to fit. AE 9D in all lasts that I have tried EG 82 last 8.5/9E JL 8E Vass U last 42.5 Vass F last 42 Barker Black 8E RM Williams 8 St. Crispin's 8.5F UK equivalent (can't remember the Euro size; 42 I think). There are no...
^ +1 for Epaulet. Check out the site and see the pants being worn and decide if they manifest in premature aging.
I have yet to experience any of the major errors others have reported. To date, I have had three odd jackets, seven suits and twenty-one shirts made. "Quality" bespoke tailoring in Canada is almost non-existent. I could travel to America where the options are greater but at this point I do not have the time nor inclination to do so. So, from a rational viewpoint I decided to take a chance with Hiras and will continue to work with them. Developing a relationship with...
Nice sport coat. I wanted this when it was first listed and wondered who got in ahead of me. Good luck with the sale.