or Connect

Posts by Josh R

enigma77: You're right on the nose. Last week I met the Rancourts and toured their old (AE) digs and got a peak at their new factory space. They hope to have their online store up and running by next weekend. Here's what Kyle told me about their pricing: "Our shoes will start around $195 (boat shoes, camp-mocs, rubber sole shoes etc.) and go up to $275 for boots. Leather soled loafers will be between $210 and $225 depending on the leather chosen (cowhide/calfskin). We...
Magogian12345: I'm the author of the Tie-Length Comparison PDF chart you referred to. Thanks for linking! I'll admit that I could be wrong about some of these lengths, but just wanted to point out something that may account for the Brioni discrepancy. My measurements are based on brand-new, unworn ties. I measured several of each brand in-store and averaged the results. Once silk ties are worn -- knotted and unknotted repeatedly -- the silk stretches. This could add...
Hey everyone, I'm 5'5" and I run www.shortshrifted.com, the blog mentioned in the first post on this thread way back in 2007 (can't believe I hadn't come across this before!). Lots of good advice here -- Thanks. I'll definitely be checking some of these links out. In answer to the following: Quote: Originally Posted by uirugger I'm ok with the suits, but where do I find ties that fit? 60" is way too long. I feel your pain. So I put together a...
Being 5-foot-5, I have the reverse problem: ties are usually too long, ending up below my belt buckle. The advice I'm usually given by salespeaople is 'just tie a bigger knot.' This A) doesn't always work and B) sometimes the tie's material or the occasion don't call for a complex knot. I recently did a lot of research (pounding the pavement and measuring lots of different neckties from different labels/designers) and came up with a downloadable PDF that compares 55...