or Connect

Posts by moseymosey

Quote: Originally Posted by xchen 13MWZ is Wrangler slim fit. Actually, the wrangler 936 is the 'slim fit' cowboy cut. The 13MWZ is the original 1947 cowboy cut -- which is still a bit slim, but not by that much.
Quote: Originally Posted by Brutus $5 shirt with $400 shoes and (in this pic) the shirt looks better than the shoes. What you probably want to hear: The arms on the shirt need some attention. Belt is fine. Jeans look a little odd but that's probably just the pic. (What is 13MWZ?) Do you have really big feet? (What model are the Aldens?) No, I don't have big feet. I normally wear an 8.5 (I'm 5'6"), but these are alden chukkas in an 8...
Hello. First post. Fruit of the loom. Unknown belt. 13MWZ. Alden.
I have a few of these pre-washed 13MWZs: the 'antique blue' and the 'rough stone'. They are indeed the same cut, but they are extremely soft, probably dozens of washes on them. The colors are blah. About the same as you would see in similarly pre-treated jeans in the mall.
I'm in total agreement with you on the color of the 13MWZ post-wash. Would it be possible to somehow re-dye these jeans? I know nothing about the process, but I know some people here have some experience with that, and perhaps they can comment. Other modern Wrangler styles have a more sane blue coloration post-wash. They must stick to the same "blueberry" hue for historical reasons (the 13MWZ is a popular style, and a big seller for them, so they must not want to rock the...
Apparently, the guy who runs the place is very particular about his stock, so I would not be surprised if they had a shirt like that. Unfortunately, I only had a short amount of time when I went there today, so I only perused the jeans aisle. They did have plenty of other racks of shirts/jackets/etc, but I never looked at them. I plan on visiting them again when I have more time, so I will keep my eye open for you.
Thanks for the tip. I'm down the road near Trenton, and I visited New Hope today. The name of the store is "Night Bird" and they have all sorts of vintage clothing. The jean selection was pretty good for my size. They had lots of vintage Wranglers, and they seemed to my eye to have the very same "blue" color as the modern 13MWZ Wranglers (and by extension, also the expensive Blue Bell repro jeans at cultizm). So I passed them by. I did, however, come across some "Blue...
This may be of interest to those looking at Wranglers (specifically 13MWZ). These jeans fade to a particular color of blue that you will either love or hate. And same goes for the Blue Bell repros (160$): http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=65075
For those of you watching at home, I actually got a reply from Wrangler on this question. They didn't flat out say, "Yes, the Blue Bell repros will fade to the same color blue as the regular 13MWZ", however that's what I understand from their answer. Here is the response from Wrangler: "Without lot.no's it's difficult to answer you, but I do believe that the colour is very, very similar. The colour is building on our heritage and for other colours we have the main line to...
OK, here is a picture of my wrangler 13MWZ raw jeans, soaked once and never worn (they have a fairly benign coloring, IMO, and are perfectly acceptable for $20): http://mosey.org/13mwz/13mwz-raw.jpg And here is a picture of the wrangler 13MWZ prewashed, worn only a few times and washed once (notice the shocking blue color which appears after washing, also around $20): http://mosey.org/13mwz/13mwz-prewash.jpg My fear is that my raw pair will eventually turn...