or Connect

Posts by fox81

no flush toe caps their either sadly. i dont like the raised ones
the dovetail heel was an option. an extra $35 so i passed. no i didnt ask about the last, but as it wasnt on the last for too long (the turn around on the shoes was only a few days) i didnt think it wouldnt have a lasting (no pun) impact.
I recently had a pair of crockett and jones resoled by McClouds here in Melbourne. There havent been too many reports of people getting a goodyear welt resole, so I took some before and after shots for everyone. Before: After: Overall, im happy with the job. There were one or two things where the finishing wasnt spot on, but the iphone doesnt do macro so well so i cant show you. i also had a photo of the inside of the shoe to show no visible stitching (proving the...
as i know most of you are pretty thrifty, luisa's here in melbourne have some edward green's on sale for half price. its the outside store on russell st, across from the hyatt. most of them are marked at 1100ish (1200ish for the boots) so sub 600 for firsts is a very good deal. EG dont have them that cheap during their sales. some are marked edward green for boccanera (a quick google reveals it to be a shoe store in rome). theyre all 202 lasts and fairly conservative designs.
taking SFs obsession with patch pockets too far
cargos and jeans to your fittings?
can you tell what the defect is on them?
Henry Bucks or American Tailors
theres been talk about this shop for a while. apparently stocking lobb as well. not sure smith st is the right place for it, but im sure ill go past at some point
there was a thread on here a while ago about some guys wife recycling old mens clothes into clothes for their young daughter. it was really good stuff. it was probably 2+ years ago though