or Connect

Posts by winston

Would've been late August last year. I'm curious why you ask.
Yes. Here is the Yoox photo.I also bought a couple of others from Yoox, which I sold once the consequences of my frivolous spending caught up with me. Yes, cashmere is more fragile, but if you're careful it will last. I bought an Attolini cashmere peacoat which was my daily coat through last winter and is still mint now.
Attolini, yes. By far the most luxurious cashmere I've ever experienced in a jacket.
To an extent, but take this for an example: I have two Attolini suits, both size 48 drop 7, and one measures 18.75 inches across the waist and the other 19.5 inches.The first one I actually sold because it was too slim. The second one fits me although the trousers needed letting out at the waist. I'm not sure who it is meant to fit, to be honest. When I was slimmer and the trousers fit perfectly, the jacket was too roomy in the waist.
Going back to the subject of Stile Latino, I just checked a jacket I bought from Yoox a year ago. It is a drop 8, although it's quite roomy and even over a shirt and sweater would ideally be a bit slimmer. My size 50 drop 7 Attolini jackets fit slimmer. This is why I don't pay too much attention to drop and go by measurements. (I'm a 48 - 50 with a 34" waist.) I am very pleased with it, though. Light construction and very comfortable to wear - and the super 120's cloth is...
If you think you can realistically get to a point in the future that the pants will fit, and you really like the suit (I'm not sure what you mean by "nested suit", btw), then you might as well keep it.There have been times when I've bought something and it either hasn't fit or I've not been too thrilled with it, only to find, perhaps years later, that the item now fits or that I now actually really like it. I've usually forgotten I even had it.
In general, I don't pay much attention to the drop. At least in jackets. I wear a 48 or slim 50 (EU) and wear a 34 waist, but my size 48 drop 7 jackets fit fine and I even own a drop 9 Caruso that fits. In all of my extensive buying, shopping and measuring (and reading the measurements others have taken of jackets) I've found that the actual drop varies from brand to brand and garment to garment; and so I pay little attention to the stated drop. Plus, I've seen a drop...
In this case, I wondered if a change in the cut might have coincided with the change in quality. But I didn't realise that there was a runway show to compare with. I'll have a look. Thanks.
Well I was hoping for some pointers for spotting the Kiton ones on Yoox. If that sounds impossible with only the two photos I disagree, as I've learnt to spot certain things on other brands that help. For example, hand stitched buttonholes can be identified in some cases.
That's interesting regarding Massimo Piombo. Are there any ways to tell the good stuff from the bad under the limitations of online shopping? I have seen MP jackets with Sartorio labels inside, but obviously Yoox doesn't show that much detail.