or Connect

Posts by Chips

Matt left before it got interesting. I'm pretty sure Moo wasn't there. I don't remember seeing him. Besides, there wasn't any deerskin to be found on premises.
I agree personally. I love seeing how the Filsons age and take on patina. I don't want to speak directly for Myron, but his sentiment was exactly the opposite it seems. He wasn't fond of the material saying it frays and breaks down at stress points too early, and the patina is just "dirt". Unionmade Goods here in SF has a few dozen old but still very usable and good looking Filsons on display. They're not for sell though. I think if Myron were to make one in the...
Actually, I inquired about this same thing. He stated he had no interest in producing anything resembling the Filson Bags, simply because they do their thing, and he feels that he wouldn't do anything different, so why spend the effort. He stated he would use better materials and better construction, but the overall look would be the same, but "not his look" to paraphrase him. I was one of the last to leave, staying till 10 o' clock and was fortunate to see some of his...
I brought my camera, but wasn't feeling the vibe to break it out. His shop is enormous. Myron is clearly passionate about what he creates and was a pleasure to learn from. He definitely has a rapid fire thought process and jumps from topic to topic. But I can easily say, I knew I liked his products before the meet-up, but now after witnessing the passion and skill he puts into his work, I must get one. My Filson is weeping.
When you're pimping.
I bought a vintage Omega last year that had come with a non original strap and buckle. The case is rose gold, but the yellow gold buckle ( read: yellow colored metal) bugged me. I changed it back to a genuine rose gold buckle even though it cost nearly 1/3 the price of the watch. But I don't regret it, as the original buckle has the nice Omega symbol at the clasp. I think even a combination of silver watch, gold buckle, or vice versa would bother the hell out of me. But...
It will be cool to see if anyone here snagged anything.
All around, very nice combinations posted today. Ranger, you rock the cuffs well. I couldn't pull em off like that, but your consistent about it.
Sweet! Not that I can play in that league but still...