or Connect

Posts by Chips

Thanks all, One curveball, she decided to go with a thicker stitch than first decided on. She felt it helped with making it more masculine. She didn't elaborate as to whether it meant a thicker string, or just a wider stitch.
I've owned a strange vintage 18k rose gold Omega watch that I picked up in 08 that never got much wear. Primarily due to my freak ability to break off crowns on the damn thing. After the third crown in less than 16 hours of wrist time, the watch got set aside and ignored until I finally got around to commissioning Bea of April in Paris to craft a better watch strap that I had on it originally. More modifications were to come, and now I'm happy to share the results...My...
I've had mine altered extensively. It was simple, even though it was quilted as well. It hasn't affected the waterproofing at all, I've worn it quite a bit. I've had the sleeves narrowed slightly, the waist taken in, and I've had the crappy paper faux leather looking buttons swapped out for some beautiful natural horn ones. It's one of my favorite casual coats. I guess you could call it a barn coat? I don't think I paid much more than $60 for everything alterations wise,...
Nice deal. I bought this exact bag in this shade. If it were the tan one, I'd likely snap it up. It pulls double duties at times, occasionally as a dopp kitt for traveling, other times I'll toss some fruit and nuts etc in to take to work. They're built well and look very cool. GLWS.
I'm selling a nearly mint condition pair of Maui Jims I bought last year, only because I've decided to go with the same aviator style in a brown lens. These sunglasses are of the highest optical quality of any maker I've ever seen. I bought them at full retail last year from a brick and mortar store in San Francisco. Maui Jim's never seem to go on sale, and the lower prices online are usually seconds or dubious fakes. These are polarized and the feel is incredible, the way...
SOLD I bought a Glaser Designs bag about 3 or 4 months ago, so my Filson that I bought last year has sat unused in my closet since. I figured if someone wants to buy themselves a nice Christmas gift, they can save a bundle on mine, since it's in nearly mint condition with no signs of use other than the gentle softening and break in the fabric takes. This is a Filson 257 in the beautiful tan color. It has no rips or stains or flaws in it's condition. It comes from a non...
Hopefully not beating a dead horse with these pictures, but I'm amazed to see what a difference can be had by removing the damn UV/Polarizing filter. I never knew they crushed the blues as much. These are nearly dead on, and straight out of the camera. An idiot with expensive camera gear still turns out crappy shots.
I finally made my way into see Bea today to look into having a customized alligator watch strap made up to replace the horribly sub-par one I wasted my money on about two years ago. This watch has seen very little wear, ( about 4 times in the last 3 years) simply due to my incredible talent in losing crowns. The watch sat unfixed for the last 8 months or so, after the last crown managed to unwind and fall off while I was at work ( mostly my fault, I felt it loosening and...
Coming back from my first trip to Hawaii/Maui the day before, but I'll keep it in mind. I missed the last two of these meet-ups, I'm always down for a unique better beer bar. Can we design a beer label with Drapist Ale? That would be epic shit.
The post above answers my question as to whether the leather can take a polish. I've seen and greatly admired some beautiful sueded gator belts. The "raw" (?) finish of elephant seems to look similar albeit rougher. I would admire it more as an accessory than as a major component of one's wardrobe. Mentally, I picture having a nice large and wide camera shoulder strap made of elephant, that would likely hold up well and look quite dashing.