or Connect

Posts by Mark_Y

Much appreciated. I see you're in NY. I'll be there in December for a quick visit. Last time I was there I picked up some Snuff Strands from Curtis at an AE store on Madison Ave. I'm in Phoenix where we have a whopping ONE Allen Edmonds store.
Any idea when this shoe is expected to hit retail? Or the name of it?Thanks
LOL.. Phoenix.
New bourbon Fifth Ave from the Winter clearance sale.
I like that. The weave in Dark Chili is on my radar.
I use SMALL JAB shoe trees in all my AE shoes. I wear an 8D.
Winter Clearance Event ends 2/14/16. Clearance not available in all stores. Entire assortment available online. Quantities and sizes are limited. Savings vary by style. While supplies last. Only valid at Allen Edmonds Retail Stores and AllenEdmonds.com. Not valid at Allen Edmonds Outlet Stores. Not valid on previous purchases.
I was unaware of this, thanks for sharing. In fact, AE web site says to use walnut polish on bourbon shoes.In so many words, my wife said the same thing. And I happen to agree. if i didn't have 4 pair of Strands, I would go that route. But like you and my wife say, the 5th Ave bridges the gap.
Interesting what you say about the maintenance. I wasn't aware of that. But the FA, Mcallister, and Strand don't have burnishing do they? I can see the Lexington does.I've never been a fan of Monk Straps. I have a couple pair of blutchers, milkshake suede Leeds being a favorite.It looks like the University is more of a suit shoe, especially in black?? No bourbon either. I can't find a Rutledge, are these discontinued? That said, I do like the University. Sexy shoe.
I'm not a black shoe guy. I have one pair of black Weejuns and an old pair of Johnson Murphy's for when I have to wear a suit. The bourbon Fifth Ave are running near the top for me. I like the Carlyle, but a tad plain with chinos. I have 4 strands so looking to maybe change it up. Mcallisters in the running too.