or Connect

Posts by cchen

Nice, what a good friend
Seconded. I'm sure he's on top of things
Thanks! This is the first gen, 138-SS bumper movement, 36mm case. The micro-rotor version is 35mm and wears a bit smaller.
Here's a recent pickup. Gerald Genta's first major design. Pic courtesy of Hodinkee, from their recent London meetup. Now that I've sold the Pelagos and BLNR, expect some more new (to me) watches incoming....
Up for sale is a vintage 1950's Minerva sector dial watch with the workhorse manual-wind caliber 49. Movement is nice and clean, running well, but as with any vintage watch, a service is recommended. Case is in great shape, 34.5-35mm with claw lugs so wears larger. Lugs are fixed and watches comes shipped with a black leather strap. Asking $275 shipped globally. Venmo preferred but paypal OK. Insurance or expedited shipping extra. Any taxes or duties incurred are at the...
Yes, the highly sought after limited releases will go up in value. But you rarely will be able to get bottles of those releases, and you won't have enough volume to scale it up so that its worth your time I used to go to Japan 4-6 times a year to chase whiskey (amongst other things) and while I did make money, it's extremely exhausting, and takes the fun out of it. Further now that prices are out of control, I refuse to pay an arm and a leg for those regular retail...
Buy what you like to drink. If you make money you're lucky.
I've got three straps from Peter and they're all very nice and great value Someone else mentioned Hodinkee straps - they're good quality and nice designs if you're looking for something vintage looking. They're supplied by JP Menicucci in Italy and there are other sites that sell them for much cheaper than the dink retails them for.
Jean Rousseau is also a good option
@UrbanComposition you could also try transferwise