or Connect

Posts by Tarmac

It's more like buying a car based on looks and then putting a bra on it. Which people do.
eh, I don't see the big deal, unless you have a valid reason not to accomodate a host's request, you should accommodate. and no, wanting to save your precious socks is not a valid reason
Composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber, Cats is based on Eliot's Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats (1939), which the composer recalled as having been a childhood favorite. The songs of the musical comprise Eliot's verse set to music by the composer, the principal exception being the most famous song from the musical, "Memory", for which the lyrics were written by Trevor Nunn after an Eliot poem entitled "Rhapsody on a Windy Night". Also, a brief song entitled "The Moments of...
The medallion and the broguing on the seam are both likely part of the same die pattern. Although their answer is disappointing it is probably honest.
I completely disabled avatars, now the 1-line posts are well-compressed. I still don't understand why SF is one of the slowest-loading forums out there.
Eh, I'm over the whole "I should be treated like royalty 100% of the time, all the time in a store" mentality. I don't go to stores to hang out or make me feel like a buddy. There's a dude at Self Edge who has a horribly smug look on his face and "U R too mainstream" attitude but I really don't mind, when I ask him to try something, he gets it for me no problem. And the rest of the staff is friendly all the time.But if I'm there to try something on specifically and...
These are new in the box from Barneys. They retail for $500. Use the following ebay listing for a shortcut to pics. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170667733533 Do not bid, this is not an ad for the ebay listing. Forumites will receive free shipping with personal paypal, otherwise $20 shipping fee.
Any vintage pocket watch experts out there? I bought this pocket watch a few months ago didn't use it at all, so I resold it on ebay a few weeks ago. The new buyer received it and sent me a message that he thinks it is (let me get this straight): Bulgarian watch face authentic Stowa hands Russian manual movement, that someone has fake-engraved "Stowa" onto Swiss case (??) replacement crystal (quite possible, he didn't ask me beforehand and I don't know either...
are you guys blind? The Glenroyal is one of the finest leather goods I've ever come across PS I just bought it