Posts by Tarmac

First off, I totally encourage you to experiment with coloring if you want to try. It's pretty hard to completely ruin a shoe. But I don't think you will be able to get it this dark unless you do one of those acetone strip and restain, etc.I used to have a very light tan pair of CJ Polo Jodhpurs, they were one of my favorites but they fit odd, that is the only reason I got rid of them. The color was great.
Mine are a makeup for Barneys US and are a true dark brown, not the same color as yours. Probably not due to age.I would not try to make them darker. Your color looks fine, many igents here prefer the lighter tans. there are plenty of dark brown boots you can get if that is what you want.I believe the Grenson are called Smith.
I'm not even that enamored with double prongs nor slant edges. Heck I don't even like the symmetrical buckles, but if this is 6mm+ thick, I'm in.
Has anyone repaired/attached a button yourself on the WWII versions? It looks like there is extra thick thread, a long shank, and the thread only goes through one layer on the back side. I'm ready to try it but it looks tricky.
Perfect fit, IMO. In fact I plan to get a 40 next time (I have similar measurements to you and got a 38)
Damn, look at that thing!
Damn, old threads bringing back memories
Sounds about right... if you are Japanese.
You guys are still into shawl collars? They still make those? I wore mine the other day, breaking grannies necks
If their measurements are accurate, it looks like they ordered +2 inch on the sleeves