or Connect

Posts by arahat

I do intend to find out the truth as well. I was told that a new leather insole was used and the holdfast was hand carved.I am guessing he uses a new insole and hand carves a holdfast for resoles/rebuilds of boots with extensive wear but for boots that are new or with little wear, he does the handwelted gemming thing.
This is what he did to the Trickers and some other boots with extensive wear/use. Another pair with what I assume to be a new leather insole with new holdfast?
[[SPOILER]] Very nice wurger, one of the best soft chisel toe last around I think. Very nice austerity brogue pattern as well.
isshin, perhaps you should have a look at the bootmaker's extensive tumblr/instagram and photos on his work and construction before you comment further. As a purveyor of vintage footwear, you are of course well placed to know that being educated on a subject helps when commenting on it.
Boots are rebuilt. New hand carved insole and holdfast. Search Brian the bootmaker for more info. Thank you.
Resoled and rebuilt to a hand-welted construction by Brian the bootmaker. True US 8 Shell cordovan. Vibram 700s half soles and double leather mid-soles. Full 360 storm welt. $590 shipped worldwide. Shoe trees not included.
Resoled and rebuilt to a hand-welted construction by Brian the bootmaker. True US 8 Shell cordovan. Vibram 700s half soles and double leather mid-soles. Full 360 storm welt. $590 shipped worldwide. Shoe trees NOT included.
Kangaroo high boots. Kangaroo after 6 months of city use meeting a variety of heavy rain, urban grime, wine/beer sloshing, muddy parks whilst walking dogs etc. Conditioned with Obenuaf's LP. No polish used, only brushing and damp cloth mopping when required.
Strictly speaking, worn out kangaroo. Forgive the immaturity, it's a Friday afternoon here in Australia.
@Michael Ay329 Cheers, the 360 goyser shell cordovan oxblood longwings do look fantastic. The owner (not me) has a great eye for design.@NAMOR Frank's right. I do source the kangaroo for group orders. I find that it's perfect for boots. It shrugs of inclement weather, mud, urban grime etc. without too much fuss yet wears to an interesting patina. I'll try to get some photos of a worn pair soon.