or Connect

Posts by kal249

Hi everyone I've been buying EG's for about 5 years now and have spent about £15,000 all in all. I live close to the factory and have made regular visits there, BUT..............As of last week I've will not buy another EG EVER AGAIN. They are well made and beautiful but £800 (MTO) for a gemmed shoe with approximate fit is just robbery. I used to be a die hard EG fan and have defended them in these pages once or twice but believe me not only are the shoes simply not...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tibo I can't tell whether you're being serious, or ironic... These shoes are supposed to last around 20 years, don't you think? I'm not sure they will if they already look like this after 5 years. Hi Tibo I can give you a couple of definitive reasons that for the damage to your shoes, I'm surprised that the great gurus such as DWF11 didn't know this. Discounting any defects in the hide or in the tanning...
Hi I've been reading this thread with great interest. I live about 35 miles from the factory and make frequent visits when I have shoes on order. I have about 12 pairs of EG's that I have collected over the last 3 years (all MTO) I've got to know all the people at the factory especially Helen, Karen and Lorna in the office. I've experienced my share of bad service as is the norm these days including the poor service in the EG Jermyn st Shop. However the people at the...
Quote: Originally Posted by fritzl not true you can have it for less... So why else would you have bespoke other than really having to have it because of some physical problems with your feet?? Unless you just had more money than sense!
Quote: Originally Posted by laufer Is this with or without VAT. If it is without VAT then the price for us Americans is £732. This is still steep for the pair of shoes I must admit that the EG prices are slowly turning me away from their offerings. IMHO for those prices I am better off visiting Austro-Hungarians and getting fully bespoke shoes. Hi Yes the prices include VAT. I must say that specials (such as the Halifax) are being quoted...
Quote: Originally Posted by Groover Dover in Edwardian? How much are TD now? Hi I've just ordered a MTO Dover and the charge was £860 (the prices have just gone up) top drawer must be at least £1300 now
HI I've shopped with Oi Polloi online for the last 2 years and all I can say is that they are truly faultless. I've bought stuff from them on many occasions, tried the item on and then returned it, they usually refund my money within 24h of receiveing the item back. Every time I've bought jeans from them they've had more than one pair per size. There are loads of very good online stores like this around now but they are still in my top 3 and I do most of my...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sander It probably is made more apparent by the light; yet I still think that this crease/deformation (whatever you want to call it) shouldn't be there if the shoe fit well. I'm a big EG fan and even with their superb leather there is a lot of creasing because their shoes are made so 'snug' fitting. However, I always though that the creasing is what gave the shoe its character and made it unique to the wearer as...
Quote: Originally Posted by fritzl besides it's a personal preference, would you mind explaining it to "us"? Hi What exactly would you like to know?!
Quote: Originally Posted by Slewfoot kal - fantastic choices. A medium brown Chelsea and chestnut color Jodphur have been on my mind for a while now. I think they look very nice with the double soles and slightly extended welt. I'll likely get mine in double sole tapering to a single, but in dainite. Hi David Thanks! Well actually the Jodpur (Gresham) in dark oak are a double sole at the front but taper to a single in the middle. The Ecton...