or Connect

Posts by cadillac37

Can anyone give me some recs on good bourbons/ryes for old fashioneds? What are your favorites? I'm looking to give something new a try. Thanks.
Guerlain L'instant today. I'm really liking it in this cold weather.
There is almost no way that they'll get back together. Don Draper will clearly be on his third wife by the time he drops dead circa 1985. The future of the new firm is far more interesting to me. It seems plausible that Don is no longer that great. Remember when he wasn't into the VW ads? Time might be about to pass him by. The show would be a disaster if they are immediately a huge, smashing success by the beginning of season 4.
Anyone watch Betty on SNL? That was painful.
I've always seen Don ending up with Peggy. Betty and Henry are obviously a disaster waiting to happen.
Quote: Originally Posted by Albern Thanks for finding that song during the elevator scene. BTW does anyone know what song was playing at the end? It sounded like Elvis to me. Roy Orbison.
To be semi-serious, I must say that, as a Republican, I am REALLY glad this damn site crashed. I went to it before it went down and it was a complete and total farce. Jesus this party is really in trouble.
There's a lot going on here. First, to the op, Power of Nightmares was a ridiculous piece of propaganda. Leo Strauss is not pulling strings from the grave. Also, the original neocons (Irving Kristol) were essentially New Dealers but anti-communist hawks. Conservative welfare state, etc etc. Neocons weren't all that "outraged" about Reagan. They mostly loved him. Though perhaps we need to define neocon foreign policy thought. I see it as essentially unilateral...
I vote Unitas.
Bartlett's new book is fantastic. I think it just came out yesterday, but I bought it and read it last night. I think he's pretty correct about Supply-Side becoming a religion. The dogmatic beliefs that taxes can NEVER be raised, that revenue increases from all tax cuts, etc is absurd, but like quasi-religious Keynesianism 50 years ago, the true believers will never accept evidence that they're wrong. Kudos to Bartlett for saying speaking some very important truths.