or Connect

Posts by coolshoes

Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar RLPL ? Is that MTM RALPH Lauren? You could have bought a bespoke Huntsman , Cifonelli , Rubinacci or Anderson&Sheppard with less than that... Nope, OTR. Yes, I know. But my RLPL fits like a glove and is of the most exquisite materials . The cut is superior. And you know what ... for my money it's more stylish than anything bespoke I have encountered. I find much of the bespoke clothing posted...
Update: 1. suit - 4850 (RLPL) 2. shirt - 400 (Borrelli) 3. pair of pants - 800 (RLPL MTM) 4. pair of shoes/boots - 1600 (EG) 5. pair of socks - 30 (?) 6. coat - 2800 (Gimo's Shearling) 7. tie - 110 (RL) 8. square - NA 9. odd jacket - 900 (Barbour To Ki To) 0. watch - NA a. bag - 450 (NOS Tumi) b. pair of cufflinks - NA c. t-shirt - 5 (J.C .Penney) d. belt - 150 (AE) The Second Highest Amount Spent: 1. suit - 850 (RLBL) 2. shirt - 225 (RLPL) 3. pair...
1. suit - 4850 2. shirt - 400 3. pair of pants - 800 4. pair of shoes/boots - 1600 5. pair of socks - 30 6. coat - 2800 7. tie - 110 8. square - NA 9. odd jacket - 900 0. watch - NA a. bag - 450 b. pair of cufflinks - NA c. t-shirt - 5 d. belt - 150
DF Feet on Third Street? Part of Douglas Fir across the street.
Check that ... John Stewart is actually my single most enjoyable source of amusement these days. Styleforum is the runner-up.
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba I would stick around and check this forum out for a while before you do anything, so that you know what quality is before anything. Quote: Originally Posted by Cary Grant In all honesty, despite this forum's name, I would add "style" as well to this sentiment. Styleforum is my single greatest source of amusement these days.
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan You've just identified the reason why I prefer Museum calf to EG's antiquing. The mottled appearance of the Museum calf could never be mistaken for antiquing; it's just a way of finishing the leather differently. You might like it, you might hate it, but it's not an attempt to fake something. I like it because it can add a lot of depth--particularly in the case of lighter colors. The EG antiquing, on the other...
Quote: Originally Posted by mystillwater i'm pretty sure that's the model i was commenting on in my post earlier in this thread. Oops! Sorry, I somehow missed that.
I am wondering why nothing RL has shown up in this thread. It seems to me that the PL Cameron is a decidedly better shirt than most everything being mentioned in this thread and can be purchased several times a year on sale for just north of $200.
Quote: Originally Posted by furo The closer to styleforum approved I get, the better I feel about myself Oh, that is so sad ...