or Connect

Posts by coolshoes

Oundle in Black or Dark Oak on the 202 last. Flip a coin.
Number 3 is the one to buy. It is BB's true classic dress shirt. The others are imports and the cloth and quality of construction are inferior, IMHO.
Quote: Originally Posted by acecow Really? That is odd... When did the change occur? It's been a while now, maybe a year or so.
Quote: Originally Posted by acecow They have C&J at the T&A store in Beverly Hills. Turnbull & Asser in Beverly Hills used to have C&J but that is no longer the case. In fact, they have no shoes at all these days.
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Foxx the one item Brooks Brothers invented, but has degraded in quality due to mass production in the 3rd world, is the button down collar shirt. if anyone is considering buying this classic, skip brooks and get a good one from Ben Silver. I find Ben Silver's BD shirts, and that company's shirts in general, to be a real mixed bag. Ben Silver's OCBDs in particular can be pretty crappy clothwise, especially when...
Oh, how I love and long for pictures of great shoes ...
Quote: Originally Posted by 111ImNumber1 I have learned a lesson that I never buy any UK stuff from the US. I was in New York City the other day and bought a pair of C&J from Barneys. After a while I found them at http://www.pediwear.co.uk/ for way much cheaper price. If I had bought it from this online store, I would have saved around $170+ It has nothing to do with buying UK goods from a US source, but everything to do with shopping at...
Quote: Originally Posted by aportnoy What is amazing is that bespoke gets so much airtime on this board when probably less than 5% of the members are actually using bespoke services, or even care to, for that matter. Why the "big time" bespoke posters wield so much influence around here is beyond me. People are buying into some faux wannabee lifestyle that is dubiously portrayed instead of aspiring to find their own comfort zone. You can accomplish...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nautilus Today's tightest suits and short jackets are going to be equally laughable in 20 years. It won't take nearly that long ... three to five years at the most. Short jackets not even that long.
Quote: Originally Posted by acecow I'm there mostly as a tourist... I'll try to walk as much as possible, probably take the train, maybe a cab from time to time. I plan on going to the Opera, the MET, MOMA, etc. Check out some restaurants and cafes. Haven't really planned beyond that. I think if I layer a sweater, a sport coat and a long overcoat, I'll be fine. I'm more worried about the shoes, as I have no winter shoes. Will I be able to survive in...