or Connect

Posts by samblau

Hey guys. . .I started selling clothes to finance my education, and well, now I am educated. I still have a small selection of really good stuff left that I would like to liquidate, and now that the weather has cooled off a bit. . .I figured why not now. Everything here is priced very low, however I will entertain any and all offers, especially if it is a package deal. Rather than upload large photos, i am simply providing a short list. I can e-mail pictures this...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pantisocrat Lol, how old are you? I thought people stop getting birthday gifts from their parents once they turned 18? I dunno. . .I just turned 29. . .and over the past two or three years they started giving me gifts again.
My birthday was on Tuesday the 24th, my buddy John's was on Monday the 23rd. . .I have a lot of friends and family who I wanted to see. . .so listen to this. . . Thurs 8/19 - Cocktails and snacks at Metrazur in Grand Central w law school friend Fri 8/20 - Drinks around Manhattan, Botanica on Houston, Brass Monkey on Little W 12th. Sat 8/21 - Paella w my folks at La Mancha in BK on Atlantic Ave, then saw "Scott Pilgrim" and had drinks at decibel sake bar until...
I saw my parents on Saturday, a few days before my birthday. They always give me a gift. . .but this year. . .wow. . .bearing in mind that they live about an hour from Woodbury Commons outlet mall. . .they got me a 1/4 zip Brunello Cuccinelli cashmere sweater. My father dresses like George Costanza. I was *very* impressed. They also bought me paella. My birthdays are getting better as I get older.
I am inclined to agree, sometimes tip-seekers can be over-aggressive, and in certain situations they are merely doing what they are being paid to do, not going beyond in any way. That said, contemporary American culture recognizes that some workers are under-compensated and that it is expected that a gratuity is left. If you don't like paying extra for service at a fine dining establishment, don't go, or expect that the costs will merely be incorporated to the actual...
Quote: Originally Posted by hapyhar0ld What's wrong with Chinatown in NYC? I'm Chinese and have been to the SF Chinatown, Syndney or Melbourne Chinatown (can't remember which) and practically live in the Seattle Chinatown. Is there something about NY Chinatown I should watch out for? Quote: Originally Posted by Another New Yorker The food's kind of greasy, but it's cheap good, and as close to authentic as you're ever gonna...
For the close to 30 years I knew my grandparents, all they drank was vodka on the rocks with an olive. Thats it!
Another addition. . . if you are in NYC and *need* to risk eating in Chinatown. . .try Xi'An on w'bway. I had a spiced "lamb burger". . .it was really good, and only $2.50 (take out only). http://midtownlunch.com/downtown-nyc...ry-duty-lunch/
Quote: Originally Posted by gomestar the Met is UES, not Midtown. MoMA is midtown. And if you're at Ground Zero, Century 21 is right around the corner (since you mentioned wanting discount shopping). And never buy pizza from a shop that has any combination of the words "The", "original", "pizza", "Rays" or "authentic" +1 on Cent 21. . .they are having their summer sale now. . .last year I got three pairs of Zanella slacks, Super...
NYC offers a whole lot of ways to spend $$$ but there are some free/inexpensive things to do. If you can handle the walk/heat I would recommend going to Ground Zero/Wall Street in the AM and then walking the Brooklyn Bridge (or taking the water taxi) into Brooklyn. (You can eat lunch in China Town, but quite frankly, I normally don't point tourists in that direction, I go for lunch because it is cheap, but find it kind of dirty and depressing + most of the food is so...