or Connect

Posts by JTA

Sometimes there's a caveat with the marketing. The J Crew website doesn't mention whether the garment is fused or not. They only stated that they're using canvas horsehair on the chest and padded lapel.I prefer to use jefferyd explanation on fusing subject. Nevertheless the bottom line is this list is not a bible and subjective.If you like the overall fit, value and fabric though the garment is fused I don't see any issue with that. Fusing technology has improved...
The Made in USA (think it's made by Southwick and Workers Union) is full canvassed.The first Made in Italy (precursor to RLPL by Corneliani) iteration is full canvassed.I may be wrong however my experience with J Crew Ludlow is fused. It's being advertised as canvassed chest piece and is totally a different beast to half canvassed. PRL Blue Label is half canvassed.
Interested on size 34 or 36 for the LP, Brioni, GA or Corneliani if any.
There is no official one, each to their own.Personally I'm more inclined towards lightweight summer fabric in 7oz or 8oz be it bamboo, ramie, hemp, wool blend, linen blend, silk blend or mohair blend and avoiding 100% cotton.
Well, can't say that, each to their own.Agree that there are many 'hidden' capable local HK tailors. One of the issue why it is hidden because they are mostly accessible only for Cantonese speaking community.
Overall E. Zegna (not Z Zegna) suit is a better quality garment than RLBL suit nevertheless IMHO Ralph Lauren got it right with the RLBL suiting line, as it offers good value for money (fully canvassed with sufficient bells and whistles) with aggressive cut. General public won't notice the details that make EZ a better suit unlike general SF community.The list was first collated few years back if you look on the first page thus few things had changed since then.The last...
Agree to your friend assessment that it is not advisable to wear suit in Singapore especially if you're taking public transport everywhere. Not trying to be exclusive however I can't imagine wearing suit in Singapore hot and humid weather, you'll be bathed in sweat by the time you arrive at the destination.Have never tried both LL and W Bill linen nevertheless I've one heavyweight Irish linen sportscoat and one lightweight Japanese linen sportscoat. Working in Jakarta...
Just my thought. At retail if you're in North America I'd rather go with Phineas Cole, Southwick or Samuelsohn than HB Selection. If you're in Europe then I'll suggest to look at Pal Zileri. Nothing special with HB Selection line at full price yet if like my friend who's a staff in HB store, there's a sale time where all items are discounted plus they will get a staff discount on top of that (60-70% off retail IIRC) then HB Selection is okay.
These Hamilton will be likely to be above your budget. Not sure on the HB however I will be inclined to avoid fashion watches and I will suggest you to look on the poor man's watch thread. Nevertheless with that budget I would consider Seiko, Sea Gull, vintage Omega or Longines.
A beauty and very good bargain, someone should snatch this quick. Not to mention the great seller.