or Connect

Posts by JTA

Looking forward to see the hand finishing suit pictures and details. I agree with the $200 the fit is not bad however nothing to be desired from the details and finishing.
US$1,000 for CMT with GY is a good price considering he is one of the top tailors in HK. Simpson Sin (US$650) as per dragon8 suggestions may be another option, from what I gather he's quite good as well. Be mindful that good tailors understand their strengths and weaknesses. They would not want to deviate from their in-house style too much.
[*] I'm working in SE Asia now. [*] Considering the value of the items postage will be via DHL, FedEx or EMS (price includes postage, insurance will be extra at the buyer's expense). [*] Happy to mark the parcel as Gift. [*] Original boxes and warranty booklet are included. [*] Offers are entertained nonetheless please be civilised with the offers. [*] Selling due to I don't really find the occasions to wear them, more of the "Bauhaus watch" type of guy. [*] Prices...
No experience with GY and have used PL few times with good results. With PL I can testify that it is highly recommended to be clear with the details you want otherwise the end result may deviate from what you're thinking of. IMHO PL quality is mid-tier whilst GY is up there with WW Chan and Baromon. Few years back, before he's swarmed due to SF popularity, his suits were good value (price/quality) nevertheless not so much recently (have been thinking to switch to either...
Tom Ford is American.
Formula (assuming proxy fee is 10%):This is what the proxy will pay(Total Proxy Price or TPP) = Domestic price + domestic postage + international postageThis is what the buyer will pay proxy(Total Buyer Price or TBP) = TPP*[1+(3% exchange rate different using Paypal + 4% Paypal fee + 10% proxy commission rate)]Using the Imperial III case study based on post #49IDR: 1,295,000 or USD: $175Currently, the exchange rate between the IDR and USD is: IDR 1,295,000 = USD...
Best to contact Sagara directly regarding the pricing. They will be happy to advise on the sizing as well.
I've their Legacy IV boots in rough out leather. Fit: Their last is quite roomy, I have to wear size EU40 in this boots whereas normally I wear EU41 (or US7.5 in Alden Barrie or True Balance last). Wear: The boots are very comfortable to wear, no breaking in period required. Construction: Very solid and sturdy construction. Megatron1505 summed it nicely though I've no experience with Whites boots, I'd Alden Indy before and my Legacy is standing at least on the same...
Linen 100% all the way and choose a heavier weight (11oz or above) on unlined or quarterly lined jacket and you will be set. The key is whether the suit is lined or not. A minimum lining on soft construction is best to maximise the benefit of linen during summer season. I've one and love it all the way, the linen is beefy enough not too wrinkle/creasing too much plus it is suitable for the tropical and humid climate where I'm living now.
Don't think Lanvin make suits for Dior Couture. My understanding Dior Homme was made by Caruso also, not sure with Dior Couture. Lanvin don't make suits since they also procured their suits to RC and Pal Zileri IIRC. Btw I used to have one Lanvin suit that're made neither by them with a much higher quality. Was under the impression it was made by Mabro but not sure either.