or Connect

Posts by MellonC

Gentlemen, What are your summer must have's (clothing and shoes)??? I do a general clean out of my closet once every 3 years or so and must have forgotten what is essential vs. nice to haves. So far, I am planning keeping the following: (PLEASE ADD OR SUBTRACT FROM THIS LIST): starting from the top of the head: Tan panama hat Linen/cotton khaki jacket (modern cut) Various long sleeve shirts in various colors - not specifically for summer Various polo shirts in all...
I returned my 511s and 513s. I would have posted a pic otherwise. Besides, pics don't always explain either as they can be deceiving. I'm closest to this famous swimmer in terms of body type. Note his long torso and tiny legs but otherwise athletic body. http://www.celebheights.com/s/Michael-Phelps-47759.html What would you have him wear. Again I'd appreciate your comment.
I'm what you call a stocky guy. Yet, I'm tall and quite fit. On top of that I have no back side. The gluteus maximus is there but it's small and muscular with virtually no fat. As a reference I tried the Levi's 511s only to find that it won't even get past my calves. The 513's somewhat better but it almost got past the mid thighs and got stuck at the upper thighs. There was a permanent air gap of about 1 inch under the crotch due to pants not going up all the way. ...
WSJ.com has a nice article about him today. Personally I don't get the boots with suits thing.......... http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324591204579037172309407990.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_LEFTTopStories
do tell. what do you like about it so much?
Mine didn't turn out so nice. It was a chest only canvas lined piece that fit well around the shoulders and the chest. However the arm holes were to large and low on the jacket that made moving my arms next to impossible. The sleeves were too long (perhaps to err on the conservative side). But then the pants were too tight and with no room leftover anywhere.
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar Have you tried Valmour website to get some great products? Saphir products are the best .. I went to the website and tried to order the polish in the color that I wanted..... the total came out to 27.42 euros. I think that's too much for shoe polish. Any other place I can go???? I think the Fuchsia or Hermes Red works.
I'm trying to make my merlot color shoes a bit more "red." Right it looks more dark purple (even a bit navy after I accidentally used black polish once) than a red wine color. Which AE polish has the most "red" in the polish? Right now there are: Chille (I have this already) Merlot (I have that too) Chestnut Brandy Cabernet Brown (I have) And if not AE, any others that's a very bright red??? Thanks.
OK. I'm pissed the Tresana's are now available via factory seconds at the shoe bank for $295. I paid a lot more.
Quote: Originally Posted by patrick_b The SA indicated that the line has been officially discontinued and also [to my surprise] that these can't be recrafted/resoled by the mfr. That's correct since these are Black/Rapid construction - remember that AEs were all Goodyear construction until the new Seven line came out. So, I guess that the whole "Italian made" thing was actually true rather than a simple marketing gimmick.