or Connect

Posts by imageWIS

From your TZ link:Is that 100% mechanical? No. I don't care what you call it, it is what is and what it isn't is a fully mechanical movement.I'm not taking away from GS... they make really cool and very well made watches; however they aren't comparable due to Swiss watches (as a whole concept).To give you an example, the closest Swiss chrono I can think of to the GS chrono is the Breitling Chronoracer Rattrapante, which is no longer made. It utilized a F. Piguet (Breitling...
Throughly cleaned out my keyboard last night. Normally, I used to just use compressed air to try to clean it out. However, I decided to do a full cleaning and removed every key, cleaned the keys in soapy water, cleaned every crevice on the keyboard itself, hand dried the keys and put the whole thing back together. Not only does it look brand new but it types better than before, and where the largest amount of dirt had piled up, I can feel the keys moving smoother and...
Sorry, in which regards?
I'd love to get this pic in a larger size.
Out drinking?
They have only one full mechanical movement, the 9S. Everything else (movement-wise) they make either has a quartz component to it or is outright fully quartz.I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you can't really compare the GS to a Swiss watch. GS does things their own way, with their own designs, and movements, none of which even try to go after the Swiss watch market.For GS to compete against the likes of Rolex or Omega, they need to totally change everything...
+ a billion. Slim lapels, would rather not have, but ok, passable. Single rear vent is un-fucking-forgivable. I only have two items with a single rear vent: a blue american-style Polo sports coat and an american style blue pinstripe suit (a-la brooks brothers). What Craig is wearing however yearns for a double vent.
Sounds about right. Almost always when it comes to a standard movement (i.e. no fusee chain or other 'extras'), if it doesn't last for more than a few hours, its an issue with the mainspring. Unfortunately, the two most fragile parts in a mechanical watch are the hair and mainspring and both tend also to be the hardest to adjust and repair.
Thats a much better investment than: Kiton suit, Charvet shirt and a Casio watch.
I think apart from the Seiko name and Japanese stigma (not that I agree with it), I think another issue with GS's is that they aren't fully mechanical watches.