or Connect

Posts by Despos

Spent time looking at the jackets posted here and have to say they each have a unique styling to them. More different than similar to my eye. Also have to agree with all of what Gianfrancesco had to say.     His jacket is more authentic to milanese cutting and tailoring but still reflects his own taste and styling. I have been in their workroom and really respect their work. Their is an elegance in Milanese tailoring that you don't find in other parts of Italy. It's my...
Stop procrastinating and buy it
One of you should inform Whippet Doctor?  Starting a tailor shop?
To clarify, I fit in all of the above. Having mentioned what I do, will attempt to explain how I do it. Main workroom  is in Dallas and store/workroom is in Chicago and 3 tailors work off site. Ten people in total, including me.  Some tailors do try-ons, some make the jacket after the try-on. Some only work on trousers. Some are finishers. Nothing gets handed off to anyone that I wasn't the last one to prep the work. I do all the iron work myself because it is more precise...
I had others in mind.  He has a lot of travel overhead as do I
Simple Definition of custom made to fit the needs or requirements of a particular person doing work that fits the needs or requirements of a particular person Full Definition of custom   made or performed according to personal order    specializing in custom work or operation 
Can't argue against that. That's infallible  it's officially "lowly custom tailor"
Received new books but didn't pay attention to what books arrived.  Talking with Jodek on Tuesday and will ask
True, that's why  I don't want to reduce things down to say there is only one way. Have been working together with the staff I use since 1981, newest additions since 1990, and Eric who is apprenticing has been around a year. Anytime I make even the smallest change, they notice and inquire if it's a permanent change or a one time thing.  That's very satisfying to know everyone knows the way I work and are paying attention.