or Connect

Posts by Despos

Besides the length it's one or two sizes too big. Try another size or brand
Looks like it is piob'ed very well. I don't recall ever posting a picture like that. Where did you find that?
Sounds like you are unaware of the "prosumer", for lack of a better term, machines and grinders available today. I get pretty good results with half the $ investment you suggest. I'm no pro but I get better shots at home than I can get elsewhere.
What type of equipment are you referring to by "home espresso machines"?Surprised by this,. Have sampled a bunch, probably not all of the nespresso capsules and my personal conclusion is it tastes like instant coffee. I think, don't know for a fact, that they roast the same way as instant coffee is made. Use high pressure and extreme heat to bring the coffee back to life. This is just my perception from what I taste, no facts to back it up.You might like Dark Matter...
Crossland Coffee CC1 Espresso Machine and the Breville Dual Boiler get good reviews and priced better. Get a separate, decent grinder that will produce a proper grind for your needs/likes. The grind quality has the most direct influence on the taste/quality of the coffee your machine will make.
Tried Bow Truss once and the shot was soooo bright and acidic, could barely drink it. Didn't go back
Having tried both the washed and the natural process, my preference is the natural for this one.
They have three versions of this bean, washed, natural,(this bag is natural) and I think she said honey(?) Will ask them to explain it next visit
Bought a Santa Petrona from El Salvador from Dark Matter in Chicago. Roasted a bit lighter and when I sampled it made by a pro it really had a very profound strawberry note. With milk it tasted like strawberries and cream. One of the few fruity tastes I have liked. The bag has new information on it about fermentation. This bag has high fermentation. Other bags there were labeled medium or low fermentation. This is new to me. Will someone please explain fermentation and...
That Slayer is a great looking machine. Best wishes for your new business. Are the counters made of concrete? AY, have almost given up ordering espresso in coffee shops. Very few excel at pulling shots so I opt for a macchiato. Almost finished with two bags from Vivace, Vita and Dolce and struggled to make a decent espresso. They worked well for milk based drinks or with sugar but couldn't pull a decent shot from either one. Ordered Gibraltar from Handlebar today....