or Connect

Posts by Despos

Boo!
I don't think you will get a similar garment from Gennaro as you will at LH. The pics of Gennaros work have their own look, fit is a bit easy, styling looks vintage 1950's from the way the fronts and lapels are shaped. The jackets look clean.They appear to have a more Neapolitan look. Don't know how to describe Rubinacci's look. A bit generic with flourishes of variations of sleeve treatments and moderate shaping. You have to like who you work with and be able to...
The issue I find with this approach is the client needs a personality and presence that equals the Iconic, cinematic looking suit. If not, the suit wears him.
Working directly with the Tailor/cutter who may, when working on his own, may execute clothing in his own way and present something that represents his own work rather than try to make something with the point of view LH may have stood for. This may be what some prefer, you may not. Notice I did not say make something better. The availability of have something made in Naples, with Neapolitan styling and construction without traveling there. Supporting a man who is starting...
The defect becomes the effect    Didn't you watch O'Mast?
They offend everyone but in a that's ok way
Everybody loves Raymond has a stigma about it. You watch it, it's funny but no one mentions it, It's kind of just "there"
   Raising Hope beats it right now Have never watched a full episode of Friends just peaks when flipping channels. Can't get into it
Majority of clients aren't making bad decisions and I do try to make the clothes that they want to have. A few clients have ideas of what is appropriate for their lifestyles that aren't my style but it's not about me. I used to ruminate over it and resolved that it is their signature style and they have to own it. I voice my opinion but it's not my job to teach them what they want. New clients order the first suit for their own reasons or whatever motivated them to try me....
Making a good suit is dependent on understanding what a client wants.   Over 42 years I can count the ones I've "thrown out" on one hand but it's not because we disagreed about the clothes.