or Connect

Posts by Despos

[[SPOILER]] Chest is to small. I explained this and added a photo of a proper sized chest a page or two back from here.Trouser has the wrong balance and creates all the wrinkles on the back part and you have a high right hip which is larger than the left hip causing a distortion in how the trouser leg hangs
This is caused by steaming before you wear the trouser.   Wool fiber is hollow and absorbs moisture from the steam. The fibers relax and expand releasing the wrinkles. The wool fibers are the most unstable at this point. If you steam and then wear the trouser it will cause more wrinkles than normal and as the fibers release the moisture and dry, the wrinkles are set in. The result is the trouser looks worse than before. You want a minimum of overnight to one day to let...
Those are darts. They are used to create shape in the chest and to reduce the fronts at the waist. The canvass also has these shapes to follow the shape of your chest and waist.   At the top end of the dart fullness is created by the dart. To make it look smoother it only needs to be pressed but do not try to press it flat. If you press it flat you are working against the purpose it is meant for. The chest area should be pressed in a curved shape to follow the rounded...
It needs to be pressed properly. A tailor will be your best option over a dry cleaner. The problem is caused by using steam alone without applying pressure and heat to dry the cloth. Can't emphasize it enough, not to steam jackets
A light cream color, like the color of the door in the picture.   Grey may make the overall look , look muddy 
None of the pictures are helpful. You don't have many options except to find the right tailor that will alter the suit properly.   The jacket can be reduced at the side seams and the proper way to do this is to open the side seams and reduce the front parts more than the back. You don't want to fool around with the chest and shoulders and as you have said the chest and shoulders fit properly. You will reach a limit point of taking in the side seams when you see diagonal...
Will pass the info on before his review although the review would only address the make/construction of whoever made the trouser.    Sure there exists an interesting back story to this suit and I wouldn't think it is a "best example " to qualify a tailor by. 
That's what I've been told by trouser makers.  The unsettling and separation of the layers are very difficult to press and make it look right after a washing. If the interlinings shrink, it won't ever be the same.   I know several will want to respond. " I do it all the time and never had a problem" There will be an illuminating review of Ambrosi trousers on Made by Hand when Jeffery gets around to it
The  notch, distance along the gorge from the tip of the lapel to the point the collar starts,  is too deep and the gorge is too high, makes it look off. 
Submitting a few photos that show what I was trying to describe in previous posts.   Back view of how the vents look when the back is cut wide enough at the hem to wrap around the seat    This client has very prominent blades     Look at the break line of the lapel and how it runs straight from the collar to the button. helps to keep the jacket close on the neck and hug the chest. Emphasizes  the upper chest and shoulder and doesn't exaggerate the chest. This...