or Connect

Posts by Despos

Madcap is from Michigan. have ordered and used beans from them, not my favorite. Have a friend who loves them.Last trip to Box Kite I purchased a bag of the Ritual beans and they were great making espresso at home. Some of the best I've tried in the last few months.Everyman Espresso, 301 W Broadway. Small place with limited seating but decent coffee and pastries
Watching the video, I would agree, didn't see anything legit. There are so many reviews that made it sound better than it looks. have you gone further east on 8th to Box Kite?
Mr. Booth I Am Coffee, 9 St Marks Place Please report back your findings found this video
trouser needs the same adjustment that was done to the jacket. The jacket was pinned up across the back to erect the jacket, make the back shorter in relation to the front. If you pin the trouser in the same way across the back of the trouser just below the pockets, it will clean up the wrinkles under the seat and not effect the comfort. Don't know why the seat was let out, it looks way too big and sloppy. Looks like the waist seat and crotch need to be reduced
This is normal. Most of this will disappear when the jacket is worn. pressing would help but it shouldn't be pressed flat in that area, you want to press and shape the chest area. This is caused by the convex shaping in the chest collapsing on the hanger and the extra cloth is loose over the canvass. If you push the chest out with your hand from the inside of the jacket, it will go away Fusing in cheaper garments prevents this sort of thing but doesn't create the same...
Some chinos have a machine stitched hem as you describe and some are done with more of a turn up hem and finished by hand or with a blind stitch machine. If they were previously hemmed as opposed to unfinished bottoms when you brought them to the tailor, they would most likely have hemmed them in the same way as the original hem. If unfinished, they decided how to finish the hem. Now you know to specify the method of hemming you prefer.
Fioravanti also did a RTW line. This looks more like RTW than his custom work. It's a relatively low priced, almost entry level, probably fused jacket.
His descriptions, vocabulary and explanations aren't accurate and he doesn't use terms correctly. He doesn't distinguish between the shoulder and the sleeve. He has no historical background knowledge and refers to things that have been around forever as "trends". Nothing he said gives you any insight into understanding shoulders or proper fit in a beneficial way. The speaker's suit didn't fit well at all. A better primer is jefferyd's "Shoulder Expression" in the second...
The Kitchen is on Pearl St. It's a casual place. They also have a Denver location but i've only eaten at the Boulder location www.thekitchen.com
You can take the suits somewhere and get a second opinion. Static pictures may make the fit look worse that it might be in real life. You will have similar issues with any RTW because they are posture related issues. Try different makers, jackets are cut differently and you may find a brand that needs fewer or less severe adjustments.