or Connect

Posts by Despos

It is really best to do all the shaping before sewing the leg together. The areas that require shrinking the cloth can be done with an iron post construction but the areas that are stretched are best done and more effective if done pre construction. You don't want to stretch a sewn seam and break the thread. I think this has been discussed and the iron work photographed by jefferyd, check the tailors tutorial thread
I strongly disliked/hated the shot from the beans aged in the barrels. Barista wanted me to try it and comped me a shot. Would not order it as espresso.
That's cute. Knew a New York tailor who could create so much shape in the leg with a hand iron and then he would leave the trousers locked down in a pressing machine overnight to set the shape. It was really beautiful, amazing work. You won't see that level of work around anymore.
Yes, shaping is done with an iron. On the back part the thigh/crotch area is shrunk in along the crease and the calf below the knee is stretched along the side seam creating an inward shaped curve at the thigh and an outward directed curve over the calf. The front is stretched slightly over the thigh along the crease and the front crease is shrunk in from knee to hem and the sides of the front below the knee are stretched. The front is stretched where the back is shrunk on...
Slope shoulder line, adjust for low left shoulder, reduce/shape the back at the waist.
Other makers may size their jackets differently. You might find a 38 or 36 in a trimmer cut that will work for you. Ralph Lauren did one a few years ago that was very trim. You have to keep looking, it's a great coat to have. I have had 3 peacoats,very versatile garment.
Besides the length it's one or two sizes too big. Try another size or brand
Looks like it is piob'ed very well. I don't recall ever posting a picture like that. Where did you find that?
Sounds like you are unaware of the "prosumer", for lack of a better term, machines and grinders available today. I get pretty good results with half the $ investment you suggest. I'm no pro but I get better shots at home than I can get elsewhere.
What type of equipment are you referring to by "home espresso machines"?Surprised by this,. Have sampled a bunch, probably not all of the nespresso capsules and my personal conclusion is it tastes like instant coffee. I think, don't know for a fact, that they roast the same way as instant coffee is made. Use high pressure and extreme heat to bring the coffee back to life. This is just my perception from what I taste, no facts to back it up.You might like Dark Matter...