or Connect

Posts by HORNS

I'm not looking to buy - I have a mini of Kouros that is around twenty years old and it is enough for me to try on every two years.
How old is your Kouros?
This evening I sprayed on a sample of Lutens Vetiver Oriental. There's something in it which is similar to Knize Ten or Cuir Mauresque, as if the smoky vetiver combined with the chocolate results in a smell that is like the leather used in these two fragrances.
Today I'm wearing Comme des Garcons Blue Santal.
This evening I am wearing Imaginary Authors' The Cobra and The Canary - lots of leather and lots of hay, and it's all quite dry. The thing that turns me off is an iodine quality to it all.
I love the bone-dry quality of CdG 2 Man, but I've always found 2 to be very interesting.Edit: Today I'm wearing Russian Tea by Masque Milano.
The reason I ask is because there's 2 and then there's 2 Man. I guess I should have just asked you that.
I cleaned off the Beaufort 1805 with rubbing alcohol and gauze pads and put on another sample: Vero's Kiki EdP. I don't think I have ever tried this sample. It's nice - a white floral done in Vero Kern's typical fashion.
Silver or brown bottle?
So, I dabbed some Beaufort London 1805 Tonnerre, and man is this stuff disconcerting. I love smoky scents, but this smells like a smoldering fire at the beach, with its powerful saline component. And I emphasize the "smoldering" descriptor because it smells like a bunch of half-burnt logs from evergreen trees. It's really a nasty fucking fragrance.